Instagram’s new age verification feature is designed to help protect minors from viewing age-inappropriate content. The feature requires users to submit a copy of a government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, to prove their age. Once verified, users will be able to access content tagged with the appropriate age-restricted hashtags.
Instagram’s New Age Verification Feature available in India
Yes, Instagram’s new age verification feature is available in India. The feature is aimed at preventing underage users from signing up on the platform and accessing content that is not appropriate for their age. To verify their age, users will be asked to provide their date of birth when signing up for an account. If the user is under the age of 18, they will not be able to create an account.
Steps for Instagram’s New Age Verification Feature available in India
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the Profile icon.
- Tap on the Settings icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and select ‘Age Verification’.
- Enter your date of birth and tap ‘Submit’.
- If you are an Indian resident, you will be asked to provide your Aadhar card details for verification.
- Enter your Aadhar card details and tap ‘Verify’.
- You will receive an OTP for verification.
- Enter the OTP and tap ‘Verify’.
- Your age will now be verified and you can continue using Instagram.