What is Aadhar Card?
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identity number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. It is a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Aadhaar is the world’s largest biometric ID system. The Aadhaar card or number serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. It also acts as a platform for the delivery of various subsidies and benefits in a transparent and effective manner.
What is Voters Id?
Voter ID in India is an official document issued by the Election Commission of India to a citizen who is 18 years of age or above, which serves as proof of identity when voting in an election. It also serves as a proof of address and contains a unique identification number that can be used for various other identification purposes.
Is it compulsory to link voter ID with Aadhaar card?
No, it is not compulsory to link Aadhaar with a voter ID card. However, the Election Commission of India has launched an initiative to encourage voters to link the two cards.
How to link voter ID with Aadhaar?
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
- Fill out the Aadhaar linking form and attach a photocopy of your Voter ID card.
- Submit the form and provide your biometric details to complete the linking process.
- You will receive an acknowledgement slip that contains your voter ID and Aadhaar number.
How to link voter ID with Aadhaar online?
To link your Voter ID with your Aadhaar online, follow these steps:
- Visit the National Voter Services Portal (NVSP) website.
- Select the ‘Form 6’ link under the ‘For Voters’ section.
- Enter your details such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Enter your Voter ID and Aadhaar number.
- Upload scanned copies of supporting documents, if required. (e.g. Ration Card, Passport, Driving License, etc.)
- Submit the form.
- Once your form is successfully submitted, you will receive an SMS and email with your reference ID.
- Your Voter ID and Aadhaar will be linked upon successful verification.