Famous Indo-American policy researcher Pranesh Prakash says that “the main difference lies not in data sharing with Facebook, but their clarification that IP and phone number information is used to estimate general location even if precise location sharing is disabled”.
The new policy has resulted so many fears that data sharing with Facebook has increased. Which created major disinformation being spread against WhatsApp.
Experts says that the changes that were made on sharing of the data was not new now it was bought earlier. The significant changes bought about this thing in business WhatsApp. The data sharing was began in 2016. After Facebook toke over the WhatsApp.
Some major misinformation has been spread that sending WhatsApp message is equal to posting a thing in Facebook. But Experts were not accepting the thing which is spread. The thing end-to-end encryption has been made to keep over messages safe and secure. Due to end-to-end encryption over WhatsApp messages will be safe. Same encryption is provided in signal and telegram and all other private messaging apps.
Experts say that WhatsApp alerts you when you are in chat with a business entity that is using Facebook’s cloud or third party as infrastructure. It tells the user that chats could be processed by the third-party host.
The important points to be noted are as follows:
- WhatsApp doesn’t share your messages all our messages are deals with end-to-end encryption and these chats our personals. They say that they do not retain any messages of customers, our messages are stored in our devices and not stored in any cloud servers of Facebook or WhatsApp. Once the message is delivered then the message is deleted from their servers, they added.
- Yes WhatsApp takes our approximate location information and locations are protected when it is shared between the sender and the receiver. WhatsApp only gather the approximately location which shared by our device and IP address. Note this is the thing the app can share with Facebook.
- Once again no content that we share with our contacts in WhatsApp will be safe by end-to-end encryption. It may include picture, videos, files, locations, audio files, and anything else which can be shared.
- WhatsApp doesn’t track any type of audio or video calls which are made by user. These calls are will stay safe with end-to-end encryption just like messages. The details will be only stayed between the users who are involved in the call.
- After the lots of clarifications also using WhatsApp is a big problem because of its parental company Facebook because their was a major data threat in the previous years and data breaches. There are only two ways for the users first is to stick to the WhatsApp and hope government make any rule against data sharing or else switching to other app.