We have got already so many advancements in everything, people made it easier to do stuff that they don’t even need to be in certain places to imitate some activities. The phone itself was a big invention and advancement of technology, it was shocking to understand that it can connect people around the world. Likewise, today exchange had become easier as net banking, people can transfer the money whenever they wish to and get the money whenever they need.
WhatsApp has taken a major step in this, it was already making people connect by chatting, calling, sharing documents, images, and video calls. Now it decided to go for the next level by the feature of sharing money through WhatsApp, as they developed the payments feature in cooperation with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) utilizing the Unified Payment Interface (UPI), an India-first, a real-time payment network that facilitates transactions with over 160 funded banks. Be fascinated to engage in India’s campaign to boost the ease and usage of digital payments, which is assisting broaden economic inclusion in India. People can safely transfer money to a family member or share the expense of goods from a distance without roaming in banks.
To transfer money on WhatsApp in India, it’s important to have a bank account and debit card in India. WhatsApp delivers instructions to banks, also known as payment service providers, that instigate the transfer of money via UPI between sender and receiver bank accounts. They are believed to be working with five leading banks in India. ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, the State Bank of India, and Jio Payments Bank. People can exchange money on WhatsApp with anyone using a UPI assisted app.
Steps to set up WhatsApp Payments
- On your WhatsApp, Go to Settings and tap on the Payments option.
- Select the Add New Account option in the Bank Accounts header.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Select the Verify option via SMS and follow all the prompts to send an SMS for starting the UPI linking process.
- On the next tab, choose the bank account which would like to add for using WhatsApp payments feature.
- If your account (or multiple accounts) has been linked with the registered WhatsApp number from which you just sent the SMS, the ‘UPI Setup Complete’ text will be then be displayed on your screen.
Steps to send money on WhatsApp
- Click on the chat with the person to whom you want to send money.
- Select the ‘Payment’ option from the attachments option.
- Add the amount you want to send and click Next.
- Enter your UPI PIN and send the amount.
Steps to receive money on WhatsApp
- Tap on Request to receive the money.
- WhatsApp will send you a message whenever someone sends you money.
Just as all feature in WhatsApp, payments are invented with a powerful set of safety and privacy tenets, encompassing putting a personal UPI PIN for each payment. Payments on WhatsApp are presently accessible for people who have the latest version of the iPhone and Android app.
Enjoy the new feature of Whatsapp!