The winners of Flyx Filmfare OTT awards for the year 2020 were announced at Taj Lands. Paatal Lok, The Family Man lead the race in the Award Night.
Digital media have achieved a milestone in this technology transition. OTT (Over the Top) has become very common word during this time especially for entertainment. This platform creates a great experience for all the viewers through internet, provides all genres of web series, broadcasts and other media services. Nowadays most of the movies are streaming in this platform. In order to give recognition for the OTT employers, for the first time filmfare had announced the Flyx Filmfare OTT awards on 19th December 2020 at Taj Lands. A lot of shows won the black lady during this remarkable award function night.
Filmfare is a Bollywood magazine which is a subsidiary of The Times Group established in 1952. From 1953 the film fare announced its first motion picture awards in Bollywood. These awards are given to honor the professional artists and technical personnel of Bollywood film industry. It is considered as one of the popular film award function in film industry.
Nearly 32 categories of awards have been given to various artists. The following represent the list of winners of Flyx Filmfare OTT awards 2020.
1) Paatal Lok won the Best series award in this night. The director Avinash Arun and Prosit Roy won the award of Best Director (Series). Jaideep Ahlawat won the Best Actor in a Drama Series (Male) for Paatal Lok and dedicated his award to the late Actor Irrfan Khan
2) The Family Man won the Best Series (Critics) and also the Best Director Award in Critics was given to the director of The Family Man Krishna DK and Raj Nidimoru.
3) The Best Female Actor award (Series) was given to Sushmitha Sen for Aarya and Manoj Bajpayee won the Best Drama Series (Critics) award. The Best Female Actress in Drama Series in Critics was given to Priyamani for The Family man.
4) Jitendra Kumar won the award of the Best actor in a comedy series for Panchayat. The Best Female Actress award in comedy series was given to Mithila Palker for The Little Things Season 3. The Best Actress in a comedy series (Critics) was secured by Sumukhi Suresh for Pushpavali 2 and the Best actor in a comedy series (Critics) was given to Dhruv Sehgal for The Little things.
5) The award for the Best Actor in a supporting role (Drama Series) was secured by Amit Sadh for Breathe into the Shadows and the Best Actress in a supporting role (Drama Series) was given to Divya Dutta for Special OPS. The Best Actor in a supporting role in comedy series was won by Raghubir Yadav for Panchayat and The Best Supporting Actress award in a comedy series was secured by Neena Gupta for Panchayat.
6) The Best non fiction original was won by Times of Music. In the category of Series/ Specials, Panchayat won the Best comedy and Raat Akeli hai won the Best film.
7) In the category of Web originals film, the Best Actor award was won by Nawazuddin Siddique for Raat Akeli Hai, the Best Actress award was given to Tripti Dimri for Bulbbul, the Best Supporting actor was given to Rahul Bose for Bulbul and the Best Supporting Actress was secured by Seema Pahwa for Chintu ka birthday.
8) The Best original story for series is given to the team of Paatal Lok. The winner of the Best Screenplay was Sudip Sharma for Paatal Lok. The award for the Best Dialogue is given to Sumit Arora and team for The Family Man.
9) The Best Cinematography award was given to Sylvester Fonseca and Swapnil Sonavane for Sacred Games Season 2. Rajneesh Hedao won the award of The Best Production Design for The Fogotten Army- Azaadi ke Liye. The Best editing was given to Praveen Kathikuloth for Special OPS.
10) The Best Costume Design award was secured by Ayesha Khanna for Forgotten Army- Azaadi ke Liye. Alokananda Dasgupta won by the Best Background Music for Sacred Games Season 2. Advait Nemlekar won the Best Original Soundtrack for Special OPS.