The ongoing pandemic has brought almost everything within the four walls of our home. Schools, offices and businesses are forced to operate from home. So why should we exclude fitness from this list? Here are a few easy ways to stay fit indoor pandemic or no pandemic fitness now can forever stay at home! So read on to stay fit and healthy.
Table of content
- Basic warm up exercises.
- On the spot Jogging.
- Knee Lift.
- Shoulder Rolls.
- Workout exercises.
- Sit Ups.
Let’s be honest. If there was a running race going on between a muscular sturdy and stout person and a person with a sagging belly. Whom would you bet your money on and why? I bet your answer will be the first man with an amazing physique and the reason being, because he is more fit than the other contestant simple!
Exactly my point! Fitness plays a very crucial role in our lives. Be it running in a running race like our two gentlemen above or running in the race of life. Being fit always gives you an upper hand over everyone else. But how does one remain fit in today’s world where ordering a pizza is as easy as making just a phone call? And not to mention the pandemic has made going out a life or death situation.
Here are some easy exercises and tips that a person of any age can do without leaving the comfort and protection of his own house. These activities not only helps you in maintaining your body but also to increase the metabolism and boost the immune system.
Exercising made simple
A living room is a place where you park yourself on a couch, with a bag of potato chips and watch the reruns of friends or the latest season of Stranger Things. But are these things are going to contribute towards your fitness? Try out some of these exercises in the same living room .These extremely easy exercises will make you sweat not regret.
- Basic Warm up exercises: Speaking from experience, warm up is very essential to put your stagnant muscles in motion. Directly starting with heavy exercise may result in muscle injury and in some rare cases cause permanent damage. Performing these basic exercises before moving on with full on workout helps the body to relax.
- On The Spot Jogging – Start of marching on the spot. Pump your arms up and down in coordination with your steps, keep your fists relaxed. (Time around 2-3min)
- Knee Lifts – Stand straight bring up alternate knees to touch the palm of the opposite hand. Keep your stomach tight and back straight at all times. (Time 20-30 times in 30 seconds )
- Shoulder Rolls – Stand still with your back straight, stretch your hands in front parallel to your shoulders. Now start rolling them in circles of 180 degrees. Do not stretch your shoulders beyond their natural capacity as it me lead to cramps and occasional shoulder injury. (Time 20-30 rotations in 30 seconds )
- Workout Exercises: After your body is ready for an actual workout session go ahead and do these exercises to tone down your muscles.
- Sit Ups – Very effective type of exercise. Start with at least a 20 in one go then go up to 50. Once you are a pro then stop tucking your legs under anything for assistance to obtain maximum results. ( area of effect: stomach and thighs )
- Bicycle – Lay flat on your back lift your legs in the air knees bent hands behind your head or flat besides your body parallel to the ground and do the traditional bicycling, at fast or moderate rate. (Time 2-3 min) ( area of effect lower body especially thighs and calves )
- Planks – Honestly the best overall body weight toning exercise one can do. Rest your elbows and toes on the ground, keep back and legs extremely straight. (Time try to hold on for 1 min at least ) ( area of effect: the whole body )
- Push-ups – Lay your palms and toes on the floor, keep back and legs straight. Now try to lift your body weight. Not every one’s cup of tea but definitely worth a shot. (Time a set of 10 if you are a fresher ) ( area of effect: almost the whole body )
This set of easy workout exercises along with the warm up if done on daily bases is enough to tone the body and gain the proper desired shape.
- Yoga: All the above exercises may or may not be easily performed by senior citizens or kids. But the basic yoga asanas can be easily practiced by anyone. The basic requirement for yoga asanas is the same as above your living room floor along with a yoga mat if possible or a thick bed sheet would work just fine.
- Start with the basic asanas do not directly jump on the complex ones as it requires enough amount of practice and flexibility.
- Take the help of someone who has some previous knowledge and experience in yoga. If not online tutorial videos would do the trick but be careful and follow the instructions carefully.
- The pandemic has not only bad but also some wonderful aftereffects. One of them is online Yoga classes. Find one of those and start your yoga sessions along with some equally enthusiastic and goal oriented people.
Yoga not only relaxes your body but also relaxes your mind and is overall very helpful.
- Meditation: Last but the most effective way of all. Meditation is scientifically proven to be one of the most effortless and simple way to calm the mind. Fitness does not just consist of a six pack abs and an hour glass figure, it also include a peaceful mind.
- Mental health is equally as important as physical health. A chaotic mind can’t do anything as efficiently as a calm and controlled mind.
- Meditation can be performed in any position, in which the body is relaxed and no muscles are strained. The traditional position is to sit with your back straight and legs folded, with your hands resting on your knees. But one can meditate in any position of his choice and comfort.
- Meditation mainly consist of controlled breathing and letting your breath in and out of your lungs in timely manner.
This is how anyone can exercise and be perfectly fir inside the four walls of your own house without going to gyms or run in the parks. Not only in the sensitive period of the pandemic , but also in our day to day hectic lives we can easily exercise at home anytime according to our convenience . Where there’s a will there’s a way. Stay fit Stay healthy. Wash your hands and wear a Mask.