Apple is the juiciest fruit which is mostly eaten by the people of Central Asia. Apple has a high nutritional level. Apples are rich in fiber, vitamin C and contains various antioxidants. Usually, raw apples are eaten but at some places, apples are cooked as well. Apple also helps people with weight loss as it contains low-calorie density. It is a famous saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Allergies Due To Apple
You can have an apple allergy as well by eating lots of apples. Apple allergies can cause your body a huge reaction to apples. Apple allergies can be caused in both the case either you eat the raw apple or in foods like desserts or applesauce. The quantity of apple you consume can trigger an allergic reaction, these circumstances can vary from person to person.
The body has different reactions to the intake of apples. People who have apple allergy mainly have allergies to many other fruits like plums, apricots, cherries, walnuts, hazelnuts. women are likely to have apple allergies more frequently as compared to men.
The following symptoms can be observed if you have an apple allergy:
- Lips get swollen and eyes become puffed
- Itchy feeling at the back of your mouth or in the throat
- You may experience sudden stomach cramps
- Skin becomes reddish and rashes could be spotted on your skin
These symptoms are usually temporary and may even fade after 15 minutes of taking an apple.
If you have an apple allergy or have any of these symptoms then you can try cooked apples. The allergy usually dies out when apples are heated or pasteurized. In case you have an apple allergy you should also avoid celery, carrots, pears, apricots, bananas, melons, hazelnuts. If you feel that you have an apple allergy, then you must quickly contact a doctor or a nutritionist who can suggest you a safe diet chart.
Pears and Peaches can be a good substitute for Reddish Apples.
In case you are a diabetic patient apples can affect your blood sugar level intensely. The apples contain carbs which may play a big role in affecting the insulin level in your body. Keeping the count on the intake of carbohydrates is extremely important if you are a diabetic patient. The fiber present in the apple can slow down the process of digestion.
The low absorption of carbs may cause a non-spike to your blood sugar levels as early as possible or may even delay the process. This means that the sugar enters the bloodstream very slowly and gradually and it does not cause a rapid rise in blood sugar level. In this case, it may be fatal if you have a low sugar level and intent to increase the blood sugar level. Eating apples on the regular basis can reduce the potential to produce enough insulin in the body. This may lead to low blood sugar levels.
The antioxidants present in apples have the following function
- Quercetin: May slow down the process of carb digestion. The insulin will not be produced. It may even cause more adverse changes like stomach ache, etc
- Chlorogenic acid: May help the body to make use of blood sugar and insulin produced much effectively. The results in this antioxidant can be inconclusive.
- Phlorizin: Could slow down the level of sugar level to a considerable quantity.
The small medium-sized apple can cause less harm to our body but a full-sized apple may lead to incredible results. So, if you are a serious diabetic patient, then avoid apple.
If you still feel that apples work another way for your body and are quite nutritious to you you can continue to eat with proper care and check your blood sugar level at the proper time.
Everyone’s body responds differently to this fruit. If you want to eat apples then keep following things in mind.
Tips for eating Apple
- Do eat the whole apple. Don’t peel off the skin of the apple as it contains the essential nutrients in it.
- Avoid having apple juice because the juice does not have the same benefits as the apple. The juice of the apple has a high amount of sugar and fiber is also missing which will not provide you any benefits.
- Avoid consuming a big sized apple. Only eat a small-sized apple like a big-sized apple can increase the blood sugar level to a high level which can adversely affect you later.
Nowadays wax-coated apples are available in the market these apples may be glossy and shiny but they do not mean that they are fresh. The quality of such apples may be poor and stale. So it’s highly recommended to wash apples properly to get rid of harmful wax before consuming it. do rub the apple properly to get rid of the coating. You can as well wash the fruits in veggie clean.
Disclaimer: This Article content including advice provides only generic information. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a Specialist or your own doctor for more information. Funtrafoo does not claim responsibility for this information.