CoWin App – Here are the detailed information of the official Covid-19 Vaccine Registration App launched by Government of India.
The Ministry of Electronics & information technology and The Ministry of Health has jointly launched an app known as CoWin for the purpose of monitoring and keeping a track of all the people to get them registered for Covid vaccines.
What this CoWin app actually is?
Name of the respective app is “CoWin” which actually stands for Covid-19 vaccine Intelligent Network. It would be available in all major Indian languages including Hindi and English both. Application is yet not launched but there are high chances of its availability soon. It would be available for all the legal residents of the country irrespective of states.
It would help in the vaccination process. And it would be of free from all kinds of cost. Portal would be working under Central government. Its official website is www.mohfw.gov.in.
Objectives of the app would be keeping track of vaccinations. It would also help in sending some real-time data regarding the temperature of cold storage facilities of the main server along with other major information.
Major features of the CoWin app would be:
1. You’ve to spend no single penny for it as would be available on Play store for free of cost, under Central government authorities. This app precisely is an upgraded version of (E-VIN) which stands for Electronic Vaccines Intelligence Network.
2. People willing to get vaccinated would be required to provide all sorts of major, required information/details under the proper registration module.
3. Sending of real-time data of cold storage facilities of the main server is the best part about the mobile app.
Major benefits of the CoWin app are:
1. Multiple beneficiaries can get registered by the district administration and various surveyors appointed by the government.
2. On priority group vaccination, there will be no availability of on-spot registration in such case.
3. During the first phase of vaccination, three crores frontline and health workers will be able to avail the benefits of getting vaccinated as they were more prone to getting infected during Pandemic while on duty.
4. Across all the nine Union Territories (UTs) and 28 states, this app will record data and will contribute in the process of constructing a database of all the frontline workers as well as health workers.
Government has not yet shared the various in-depth details of its availability on Android and Apple iPhones. Well, the relaxing part is, there are high chances of its availability on Jio phones that is too very soon.
How to get registered for vaccination through CoWin app?
1. Everyone excluding frontline and health workers would be able to register themselves through registration module provided on the App.
2. Central government has generated a set of guidelines for the registration process. In which, from Aadhar card to pension document, a total of twelve documents would be mandatory while Self-registering oneself for vaccines via the app.
3. After going through the whole registration process, all the major beneficiaries would get a message of regarding time, date and proper place where vaccination process would be taking place.
There’s need to be careful while giving a phone number for the registration process because this SMS of collective information will be sent only on the registered number of the respective beneficiary. During the dry run itself, more than 75 lakhs beneficiaries have already registered themselves for vaccines.
Proper steps of registration for a common citizen
Step 1: First thing is to visit the official website of the respective app after downloading it from Google play.
Step 2: Now, Click on the “click here” option under the provided link for the registration process.
Step 3: An application page would be displayed on the screen after clicking the “click here” button.
Step 4: Now there would be a need to upload photo-documents including Aadhar card, pension card, Voter ID, Driving licence etc. All the other required information also needed to be provided carefully.
Step 5: Then, click on the “register” button which is displayed there for the purpose of self-registration.
Step 6: After going through the whole application process reference ID would be displayed on the screen which would ensure proper completion of the registration process.
Step 7: A message on the registered mobile number of the beneficiary would provide the information regarding date, time and place where vaccines would be given.
And this is how the whole process of registration for getting Covid-19 Vaccines would be completed.
Few other things guidelines provided by Central government are:
1. All the Indian citizens who are willing to get vaccinated will get vaccinations after going through the whole registration process.
2. Three crore frontline health workers will get vaccinated in the first phase itself. Government has prioritised this group of people before vaccinating common citizens.
3. Documents like pension card, ration card, Aadhar card, driving licence, Voter ID and twelve photo identity documents along with other information would be mandatory to provide.
Everyone can contact on https://uat.co-vin.in/contact-us to get their doubts cleared regarding Cowin app.