Ministry of Health updated on twitter and clarified that all citizens who are eligible have to use the CoWIN Website for booking and registration for the COVID-19 Vaccination.
Currently citizens above the age of 60 and those above the age of 45 living with the eligible co-morbidities mentioned below are permitted for vaccination drive. They need to register using the website. If you want to register for vaccination here is the link: www.cowin.gov.in/home
The clarification was provided after receiving lot of companies from the users regarding the vaccination registration.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Ministry clarified that the app was only for administrators and not for beneficiaries.
There were several complaints that the users were not able to generate the OTP using the app. Also many complained that the portal was generating the slots.
Long queues were also seen at NESCO center in Mumbai for receiving the vaccination.
What is COVID-19 Vaccine Cost?
COVID-19 vaccine is available at all government center and will be free. At private hospitals it will be at the fixed price of ₹250 for each dose. Currently as per Ministry of Health two doses need to be taken by the beneficiaries.
Who Can Take COVID-19 Vaccine?
As per the latest order, all citizens above 60 years and others above 45 years can take the vaccinations. Citizens above 45 years with need to get medical certificate from their doctor mentioning the below listed 20 co-morbidities.
- Heart failure with hospital admission in the past year
- Post cardiac transplant/Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD)
- Left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF < 40%)
- Moderate or Severe Valvular Heart Disease
- Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or Idiopathic PAH
- Coronary Artery Disease with past CABG/PTCA/ MI and Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Angina and Hypertension/Diabetes treatment
- CT/MRI documented stroke and Hypertension/Diabetes on treatment
- Pulmonary artery hypertension and Hypertension/ Diabetes on treatment
- Diabetes (>10 years or with complication) and Hypertension on treatment
- Kidney/Liver/Hematopoietic stem cell transplant: Recipient/ On wait-list
- End stage Kidney Disease on haemodialysis/ CAPD
- Current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids/ immunosuppressant medications
- Decompensated cirrhosis
- Severe respiratory disease with hospitalisations in last two years/FEVI <50%
- Lymphoma/ Leukaemia/ Myeloma
- Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after July1, 2020 or currently on any cancer therapy
- Sickle Cell Disease/ Bone marrow failure/Aplastic Anemia/Thalassemia Major
- Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases/ HIV infection
- Persons with disabilities due to Intellectual disabilities/ Muscular Dystrophy/ Acid attack with involvement of respiratory system/Persons with disabilities having high support needs/Multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness.
COVID-19 Vaccination centers
- List of CGHS-empanelled hospitals that can be used by States/ UTs as COVID-19 vaccination centres
- List of Ayushman Bharat PMJAY-empanelled hospitals that can be used by States/ UTs as COVID-19 vaccination centres
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also took the first dose of COVID29 at AIIMS in New Delhi