People have different phobias and disorders, some have the phobia of water, phobia of darkness, phobia of bright light, phobia of being alone, and height. The phobia of height is one of the most famous phobias known as Acrophobia, in this kind of phobia people are scared to even stand on height, they cannot even look at it and get scared.
If you have a normal and balanced phobia then it is ok, that can be bearable but a time comes when this phobia becomes a major problem and serious thing of life with growing age, which we, of course, want to finish or lose anyhow. There are certain treatments for such phobias but how often can you go to see a doctor, while it is pretty understanding from childhood only if you have fear of height.
So, at the time elders should take an action on it by doing and researching some things to not let this phobia increased to that level where even doctors couldn’t help. Here are some tips you should follow if you see symptoms of Acrophobia.
The possible cause of Acrophobia:
As per the psychology viewpoint, fears and phobias are inherent. That is, people can encounter fear of heights without direct or indirect contact to altitudes. Rather, acrophobia is somehow hardwired, so people possess this anxiety before they first enter into connection with heights.
Acrophobia occasionally evolves in reaction to a traumatic incident implicating heights, such as: falling from a high place. seeing an individual plunge from a high place. having an anxiety attack or other pessimistic memories while in a higher spot.
Symptoms of Acrophobia:
- Having the feeling of being nauseous or lightheaded when you watch or think about heights.
- Shivering and shuddering when confronted with heights.
- Continuously increased sweating, chest discomfort or tightness, and boosted heartbeat at the scenery or idea of high places.
Measures to take at home:
- Relaxation methods can benefit to minimize these symptoms and get them balanced
- Deep breathing workouts are one of the most simple and effective strategies to exercise and can enable you to feel more peace.
- It’s also helpful to have some other thing to concentrate on doing, instead of pointing at your fear.
- Yoga, every day
It is all about your mind, whatever you face it’s inside your mind. Learn to control it, you will feel free and that can only be done with relaxation.
Hence, these are the things that can help you to know, and avoid the exposure of Acrophobia at a large level.
Disclaimer: This Article content including advice provides only generic information. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a Specialist or your own doctor for more information. Funtrafoo does not claim responsibility for this information.