The immune system consists of cells, tissue, cells, and proteins, these carry out bodily processes that fight off pathogens, from the viruses, bacteria, and foreign bodies that cause infection or disease. A healthy, balanced diet plays a vital role in staying well and active.
For that, you might be thinking about what to add to your diet chart, no worries. Here are food items that can help you boost immunity especially in the current situation.
Turmeric has long been recognized for its medicinal properties, both in the medical/scientific world and from culinary enthusiasts the major source of the polyphenol curcumin. It aids in the management of inflammatory and oxidative conditions, metabolic syndrome, anxiety, arthritis, and hyperlipidemia.
It may also help in the management of exercise-induced muscle soreness and inflammation.
Benefits of Turmeric:
- Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components.
- Turmeric may help to protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
- Grown for its root, it has an ancient history in cooking, fabric dyeing, cosmetics, and traditional medicine in India and China
Broccoli belongs to the Brassica genus, it’s renowned for the vast range of non-enzymatic bioactive compounds.
Broccoli is also rich in polyphenols, a large group of phytochemicals that are often considered the most abundant antioxidant. The intermediates of the phenoxy radical, which are fairly stable and so prevent the initiation of further radical reactions. Broccoli has been reported to contain both flavonol and hydroxycinnamoyl derivatives
Benefits of Broccoli:
- A good source of fiber and protein
- It also contains potassium, selenium, it
- Also decreased risk for related eye disorders.
- Key component of broccoli is a phytochemical known as sulforaphane, which also gives broccoli a slightly bitter taste.
Spinach may boost the immune system, as it contains many essential nutrients and antioxidants, including
3. Vitamin C
4. Vitamin E
- Flavonoids are polyphenolic molecules containing 15 carbon atoms which are soluble in water. The flavonoids can be divided into six major subtypes, which include flavonoids, anthocyanins, flavanones, anthoxanthins, chalcones, anthocyanins.
- Flavonoids are abundant in plants, they perform several functions. In higher-order plants, flavonoids are also required for UV filtration
- Carotenoids are thought to provide some health benefits to decreasing the risk of disease & particularly certain cancers and eye disease.
- Carotenoids have been mostly studied in regards to – lutein, lycopene, and zeaxanthin.
- Therefore, lutein and zeaxanthin may be protective in eye disease. As they absorb damaging blue light that enters the eye.
Try to get plain yogurts rather than the kind that are flavored and loaded with sugar.
Greek, or strained, yogurt isn’t just a fad, this dairy product has been different from sweet regular yogurts. Which has been quadrupled in production from 2008 to 2013.
As per Greek yogurt puts up an extra step to which the water, lactose, and minerals drain out.
Benefits of Yogurt:
- Yogurt is also used for treating and preventing vaginal yeast and bacteria infections.
- As using an antibiotic, Yogurt acts as an antidote.
- Antibiotics destroy disease-causing bacteria while you are sick.
- Blood sugar levels of people who consume unfermented and non-skimmed yogurt, yogurt is a food which is absorbed period wise in the bowels.
- Strongly recommend you to eat unfermented and non-skimmed yogurt with your meal every other day.
Chicken Noodle Soup:
According to the University of California Los Angeles, chicken soup has an anti-inflammatory effect that calms down inflammation in the upper respiratory tract which takes place when you develop a cold.
The minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins spread across bits that give chicken noodle soup it’s bulk are all known to support a stronger immune system.
Benefits of Chicken Noodle Soup :
- The healing effect of chicken soup may be related in the parts of its nutritive value and some parts to the effect of warm vapor on the nasal mucosa.
- Chicken broth – The chicken broth is a great source of minerals, vitamins and provides a healthy amount of fat.
- Chicken soup contains vitamin C & A.
- CYSTEINE – The 23-kD protein is 91% identical to the human cysteine-rich protein, referred to as the chicken cysteine-rich protein.
In India, in terms of area under cultivation, citrus is the third largest fruit crop after Banana and Mango.
Top Citrus Producers Brazil is the top producer of citrus fruits in the world with an annual production of about 20 million tons. Citrus fruits are not just only delicious for a balanced tart and sweet taste, the benefits have been celebrated since ancient times.
These fruits are rich in multiple nutrients such as fiber, and flavonoids, also they are an essential part of everyday nutrition which also improves gastrointestinal function.
Benefits of Citrus fruits
- Eating a citrus fruit, also alongside plant foods like legumes, leafy green vegetables that can help the body better absorb iron.
- Citrus flavonoids can protect against diabetes by improving glucose tolerance.
- Citrus flavonoids can modulate gut bacteria in which composition and activity and exert beneficial effects on intestinal barrier function.
It originated in Southern Mexico, Mesoamerica but is now grown in many other parts of the world it has been grown to range from the northern tropical limit of Mexico to Costa Rica in Central America.
Benefits of Papaya
- Better kidney health
- Good vision
- Boosts immunity
- Weight loss
- *Best for diabetic
- *For better Cardiac health &
- Papaya is also mixed with milk increases breast size.
If you wish to keep yourself and your family, then you must add these above things to your diet chart, so that you can keep up your immunity stronger.