We all want our kids to grow up healthy with no diseases, and of course, for healthy growth the nutritional meal is important. You must have heard that the kid’s first meal is porridge. Porridge a soft, thick white food that is made from a type of grain (oats) boiled with milk or water and eaten hot.
The porridge is said to be discovered in Central Europe and Scandinavia. It is great, doctors suggest it for the aged, sick, and also to add in breakfast for the nutrients. It is good in these ways:
- It is good to keep your weight balanced
- Zone off chronic disease
- It helps to reduce the inflammation
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Contains Fiber
- Maintains the cholesterol level
- Rich source of nutrition and many more
Hence, because it contains so many health benefits, which can add more days to your life if you adapt to the habit of eating it. This fact of porridge is important to reach out and that’s the reason the world celebrates Porridge Day on the 10th of October.
It is an international occasion associated with porridge. The first of the days was held in 2009. The event is established to raise funds for the charity Mary’s Meals, based in Argyll, Scotland, to aid starving children in evolving countries.
Be kind and aware, help to reach the nutritional value to the needy ones, by celebrating and contributing.
How to make healthy porridgePrint Recipe
- 1 cup of whole rolled oats
- Half cup cold milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Honey and banana (chopped) for toppings
- Heat a saucepan on medium flame, blend the oats, water, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cook and bring to a boil, then lessen heat to low and cook until the fluid has been soaked up, keep stirring
- Pour into bowls, and top each with a splash of cold milk.
- While serving add the banana and honey on top.