Everyone is aware of the taste of Biryani, it is the most loved dish, except for vegetarians. People make their own form of dishes when they lack something, likewise Pilaf or pulao, but many don’t know that Pulao is not a Veg Biryani, it is totally different from it, even the main Pilaf or Pulao is mainly made with the meat itself.
It is said to be a dish of Persian origin, but the main Kabuli Pulao is a national dish of Afghanistan. It can be prepared as per the taste of vegetarian, by adding and stewing vegetables with rice. The vegetable pulao is also favorable to kids.
This is a dish that is healthy with all the right vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. The best thing is you can add any spices and vegetables as per your choice.
Let’s know to make easy yummy veg pulao at home.
Veg Pulao recipePrint Recipe
- 2 medium-size bowl rice soaked
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- One teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped potato
- 3- 4 chopped French bean
- 2-3 chopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon curd
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Small pinch of Garam masala
- 4-5 black pepper balls
- 2-3 cloves (long)
- Pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Ghee for cooking
- Salt as per taste
- Water to adjust
- In a cooker heat ghee on medium flame, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and Hing let them crackle then add cloves and pepper balls. Stir it.
- After that add the ginger garlic paste, saute it for a few minutes. Then add onion, green chili, and curd. Cook them till onion turns soft.
- Then add potato, carrots, and French bean. Cook for a few minutes, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, and red chili powder Mix it well.
- After that add the soaked rice in the cooker mix it evenly. Then add 4 bowls of water (double amount to rice) stir it, add garam masala powder close the cooker, and let it whistle twice.
- When the veg pulao is done garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve!