If you start your day by eating healthy and tasty, the mood will be happy all day long and you will feel energetic as well. What can be your refreshment breakfast to keep you charged up? As there are many such breakfasts but one of them is French Toast.
French toast is a dish prepared of chopped bread saturated in eggs and commonly milk and fried in a pan. It is known by various names like eggy bread, Bombay toast, German toast, gypsy toast, and, poor knights…it is said to be originated in Roman Empire.
When the French toast is made the sweet dish, milk, sugar, vanilla, or cinnamon are also generally added before pan-frying, and then it may be capped with sugar, butter, fruit, or syrup. When it is served as a spicy dish, it is commonly fried with a tinge of salt or pepper, and other spices to taste. Then it can be consumed with Mayo, ketchup, or anything.
It has additional grams of fiber, about 20 percent limited sodium, and about 18 grams of protein possibly due to the addition of the dairy-and-egg moistening mix generally used in the recipes.
Let’s know to make healthy and tasty masala french toast in the Indian way
- 4 slices bread (multigrain)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon green chili finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander finely chopped
- Milk as needed to soak
- Oil for frying
- Oregano (optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix onion, green chili, turmeric, salt, black pepper, coriander, and milk.
- Add in the eggs and whisk it suitably. Drench one piece of bread in the egg and milk mix and gently press down with a spoon so the bread can soak up the egg mix.
- Toss the bread over and repeat on the other side.
- Do the same for all.
- Heat a nonstick pan and spread the oil. Properly put the saturated bread on it.
- Cook on medium heat till the bottom side begins to turn golden brown.
- Flip it over and cook the other side till it becomes golden brown. Make the remaining toast in the same way.
- You can sprinkle some coriander leaves, black pepper, oregano on top of bred for flavor.
- Have it with Sauce