Soups are considerably always good when it comes to a healthy diet, they are suggested by doctors and health experts because it contains many elements and ingredients which provides a body a good immune system as well as helps to grow muscles and makes your body stronger. Soups can be prepared with many things like vegetables and various meat.
A time comes when you need to have healthy bones or if you are suffering from some disease to recover from that you need a good diet, Soup is perfect for that especially the one with Paya. Paya soups are made with the meat trotters but the best soup is made up of lamb meat. Paya soup originated in the Indian subcontinent and is associated as a national cuisine of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh.
It is high in protein and nutrients, helps to strengthen your bones and muscles, it is preferably helpful to fight osteoarthritis, it reduces inflammation and heals the gut, it is said to be good to aid weight loss. Paya soup should be consumed by everyone but especially elders because at an old age people suffer from joint pains and many weaknesses of bones they might be suffering from this are which Paya soup can help to recover with. So people who are looking for a dish which can help them to the desert and strong Paya soup is the solution.
Let’s know, to make really easy Paya soup.
Lets make Healthy Paya SoupPrint Recipe
- Trotters of a lamb
- Wheat flour 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- More than half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 2 to 3 green chili properly chopped
- Chilli powder as per taste
- 1 tablespoon of roasted chana dal
- 1 tablespoon of grated coconut
- Ghee for cooking
- Salt as per taste
- Water to adjust
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Wash the trotters properly and put it evenly with turmeric powder and vinegar to reduce the raw smell of meat and rinse it.
- Blend the grated coconut and roasted chana dal to make a fine paste of it.
- In a pressure cooker, add trotters, a pinch of turmeric powder, and salt. Pour water and cook the meat for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your heat and pressure cooker, how long it will take to soften the lamb.
- After your lamb is cooked, add ghee to a pan, heat it on medium flame. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chili, and onion stir fry till onion becomes soft, then add tomato and cook till the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- After that add the mix of coconut, red chili powder, black pepper powder, more Salt if needed. Mix it evenly to make proper masala
- Open the pressure cooker, when your paya is Cooked. Add the Masala to the cooker and again pressure cooks it for more than 10 to 15 minutes. Once done, open the lid of the cooker and let it cool.
- For making your Soup thicker, you can boil it more if needed.
- When your Soup is ready as per your taste and preferences, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.