We all have had Drumstick or Shenga at least once in a lifetime, but may not be so familiar with the name and its high nutritional elements.
Moringa oleifera is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree of the family Moringaceae, native to the Indian subcontinent also known as Drumsticks. It is most famous in Maharashtra, South India, and many parts of India.
You must have seen a long stick of vegetables in South Indian dish Sambhar, various curries of Indian cuisine, that stick is drumstick/ change only.
One of the most significant health advantages of drumsticks is that it facilitates a healthy bone structure due to the existence of a high amount of calcium and iron that not only helps build strong bones but also prevents the loss of bone density, further increasing overall stamina and health.
It is a highly rich source of Vitamins and minerals, regulates blood sugar levels. So, why to include it as a side element in a food, it should be the main dish as per its high nutritional benefits.
You can make a lot of things with drumsticks, for its pure benefits with taste Soup will be the best option. You can add seasoning flavors as per choice as well as it’s daily consumption is not harmful.
Let’s know to make healthy Soup of Shenga (Moringa oleifera).
- 2 long drumsticks
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- Half cups of peas boiled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- Red chili powder as per taste (optional)
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Ghee for cooking
- Water to adjust
- Chop the drumsticks into rough parts, put it in a pot add water. Boil till it becomes soft.
- When it is cooked properly drain it and let it get warm. Peel it off and take out the main flesh. Grind the flesh.
- Heat ghee in a deep pan, add cumin powder and ginger garlic paste. Saute it till the paste turns color. Then add onion till it turns golden, add peas stir for a few minutes.
- After that add the drumsticks flesh paste, add water to adjust, depends how thick you want.
- Add the spices, salt, black pepper, and red chili powder. Mix it well. Cook it to a boil.
- When the soup is thick as per your choice, switch off the flame.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy.