Masoor Dal Soup Recipe: Masoor dal is an important part of the healthy diet, in many parts of world especially in our country India which also helps in boosting immunity.
Masoor dal is split lentil without skin and it is red in color. As it is very soft dal it cooks quickly. Masoor dal is beneficial for our health. As it contains vitamin, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, and phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium & minerals.
Masoor dal is very healthful for our body. It keeps our bones & teeth healthy. It also helps in weight loss. Masoor dal fulfill the daily recommendation of proteins.
All recipes of masoor dal are rich in nutrients and proteins. Thus, today I introducing you, to the delicious, tasty & healthy masoor dal soup recipe.
Which contains extra energy + immunity. By adding various spices and flavors, you can make your masoor dal soup tastier. This recipe is healthful for all. Kids, adults, young and aged. Burst with flavor, these Masoor Dal blends a variety of aromatic and flavorful spices, including a very unique and interesting spice that you may or may not have used Like asafoedia. Trust me these recipes going to craze you…
It requires less effort, and minimum time required recipe. So, let’s get started…
Nutritional facts about masoor dal soup
Masoor dal soup is very healthful. One cup of masoor dal soup provide us…
Have a short look to the tools and equipment which we need:
- Medium sized bowl
- Small skillet
- Mixture grinder
- Knife to cut the veggies
Tips to remember
- You can used traditional water or broth water for making soup
- Soak a masoor dal in water for 5 minutes. Before starting the recipe
- Adding asafetida is the wise idea. To store it for long time.
- You can also add other veggies to it like capsicum. Which enhance its taste.
- You can also add other spices to it. According to you.
- If dal is completely softening then there is no need to grind it in mixer grinder.
- You can also make these soup in pressure cooker.
This winter, try these healthy, tasty, immunity blasting masoor dal soup. So, wait for what? Just go to the kitchen and try these hot, healthy, delicious soup.
Masoor Dal Soup Recipe
- 1 cup Masoor Dal
- 1 small cup Chopped onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- One glass water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small cup Coriander leaves
- 2 or 3 Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- ½ tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ½ tbsp Asafoetida
- Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Oil or ghee 1 tbsp
Now we are ready to make hot, delicious and healthy masoor dal soup. Let’s move on to the recipe.
- First, we are preparing chaunka or mean spices. Heat the oil or ghee in a small skillet over high heat and add the mustard and cumin seeds. Fry until the mustard seeds begin to pop, about 10 seconds.
- Now, Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the chilies, garlic and ginger. Fry for another 20 seconds.
- Now, Add the chopped onion and fry until it soft and a light caramelized brown, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, asafetida, cinnamon and cloves to it and stir to combine.
- You can also add these whole spices directly in the soup. You can try both the way. But by adding these spices to the pan. it will result in a great taste.
- Add ginger, garlic paste to it
- Add chopped tomatoes or other veggies.
- Now rinse the lentils with water. And add these masoor dal to it.
- Add some water to result salt. And heat for 10 minutes. On medium flame. Until the dal becomes soften.
- Now turn off the gas. And let it cool down
- Take a mixer jar. And add these whole mixtures to it and grind it.
- Reheat the soup. And transfer these soups to a medium size bowl.
- Add coriander leaves
- Add a little lemon juice to these masoor dal soup. Which enhance its taste.
- Now we are ready to serve these delicious, tasty and healthy masoor dal soup.