As we all know Upma is a really effective Breakfast for fitness freaks, it has a lot of healthy properties. Upma initially originates in South India. The common Upma is made of Semolina (Rava), but there are many categories of it, where people use various substitutes for Raba.
A time comes when we all get bored with eating the same thing again and again, and we don’t want to mess with the health. So, you can change your taste, the same dish full of health benefits but with a better taste that is Vermicelli Upma.
Vermicelli is a traditional type of pasta round in section identical to spaghetti, it is very thin noodles also known as Semiya, in India. It is a protein and iron-rich food also helps to improve the concentration as well as prevents anemia.
It is rich in Dietary fibers, makes your digestive system clean, also it will enhance the whole body fitness.
Lets make the Traditional Pasta: Vermicelli UpmaPrint Recipe
- 480ml vermicelli (semiya)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2-3 green chili chopped
- Half chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon ghee or cooking oil
- Half teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Less than half a teaspoon of mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Salt as per taste
- Take a pan, put oil or ghee on a medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and a pinch of asafoetidaLet them crackle.
- After that add onion and green chiliStir it till Onion becomes soft.
- Add carrots in it and saute for a few minutes.
- Pour water in the pan and boil it on medium flame.
- Add salt as per tasteMix it well and let it boil.
- After one boil, add roasted vermicelli (semiya) in the pan(If your vermicelli is not roasted, then do it beforehand roast them till they turn light brownish)
- Let the vermicelli absorb the water (keep boiling) cover the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out (wait till it warms up) garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.
Enjoy the tasty and delicious recipe