There are very few vegetables which people love to eat. One of those rare vegetables is Ladyfinger (Bhindi). Ladyfinger is loved by the majority of people, it is also known as the Okra plant, Okra is native to the Old World tropics West Africa,
Okra is typically in season from summer through early fall. It is a famous and important food worldwide. Ladyfinger (Bhindi) is the common name by which we know them, fried and prepared in spices especially in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Nepal. Bhendi Fry is stir-fried okra (ladies’ finger) that is slit and filled with spice mixes.
It is generally served with wheat Tortilla (Roti/chapati). Surprisingly Ladyfinger is great for heart health (cholesterol-free), it boosts the immune system, helps in fighting against cancer, it is good in pregnancy, as well as it helps in weight loss, and above all that it’s great in taste.
Bhindi Fry Recipe
- Bhindi properly washed 500 grams
- 1-2 green chili chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- Half teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 and a half teaspoons of cooking oil
- Cumin seeds half tablespoon
- Red chili powder half teaspoon or as per taste
- Turmeric powder 1/8 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and wipe the vegetable then, cut both the end of each Ladyfinger/ Bhindi and then chop them in a circle (like a wheel)
- Take a pot, put oil in it, and heat it on medium flame.
- Put cumin seeds and sizzle them, then add chili, onion, and garlic. Saute them on low to medium heat till onion turns brownish (not too much)
- Then add all the spices…red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder. Mix it well
- Then add Bhindi (Okra) in it and mix it well. Cover and let it steam for 5-10 minutes on low flame (keep checking in between)
- After that add salt (as per taste) and saute it for few minutes.
Your Yummy Bhindi fry is good to go!