Mostly when we travel for long, we hardly take our own food. People prefer to buy from the outside, which is not safe at least in the present scenario. So, at this time we can carry our own food, you don’t have to think or work hard that what to make… what if it gets rotten or something.
Don’t worry about that, you can make Thepla for your long traveling, it is soft flatbread and it can be preserved for more than a day, and it will still taste the same as it has the longest shelf life.
Thepla is a Gujarati cuisine, made with wheat flour, besan (gram flour), methi (fenugreek leaves), and other spices. Not only for traveling purposes, but you can also add it to your meal as well. It has nutritional benefits, like rich in Vitamin B-complex.
Good for skin, sights, and hair –the nutrients and vitamins present in Thepla help to promote shining and healthy skin, as well it is preferable if you are looking for weight loss.
Make Easy Gujarati Methi Thepla - Step by Step MethodPrint Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 cup of boiled Fenugreek leaves
- oil or ghee for frying
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp green chili-ginger paste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds slightly crushed
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp water or curd
- salt as per taste
Lets prepare the famous Gujarati Cuisine Methi Thepla
- Take a big bowl to knead the dough and put all the ingredients except water, and knead it.
- The fenugreek leaves with the water you boiled it in.
- Add more mater to adjust
- Make a proper dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 15-20 minutes covered with a clean towel.
- Now make a normal roll (same as Roti) from the dough.
- Roll each ball thinly into flat discs.
- Take a pan on low to medium flame.
- Put the thepla on the pan.
- Cook the Thepla from both the sides one by one.
- Apply oil/ghee on the Thepla too to fry
- Same for the other side, flip the Thepla and apply oil/ghee and cook it.
- Keep flipping so that it cooks equally (don’t use excessive of oil/ghee)
- When the Thepla changes its color and Cooked properly (don’t burn it) take it out from the pan.
- Do the same procedure for the remaining dough balls
- Keep them in a casserole.