In today’s time, people are becoming a fitness freak, when it comes to fitness a healthy and light diet is mandatory like Upma is a dish originated from the Indian subcontinent, most popular in South Indian, Maharashtrian, Odia, and Sri Lankan Tamil breakfast, cooked as a thick porridge from dry roasted semolina or coarse rice flour. Numerous flavors and vegetables are often added during the cooking, relying on particular preferences. Today, it is famous in most regions of India and is prepared in different types.
Upma or uppittu is a vegetarian item having its heritage in the recent day Indian state of Karnataka. Prepared by ‘Rava’ (cream of wheat), this is a really nutritious and yummy breakfast or snack. It’s actually from South India and appears full of benefits. Rava, which is used to make upma, is rich in protein, vitamin, B, and iron.
Putting in veggies to the upma not only gives rise to its taste but also good for health. Adding crunchy peanuts and curry leaves will add more health benefits to it as Curry leaves have calcium, irons, and vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E. A bowl of upma has fiber, vitamins, and healthy fats. It is low in cholesterol and calories which gives rise to a healthy meal and enables you to have a balanced diet. It can be prepared in a short time.
Quick and healthy breakfast - UpmaPrint Recipe
- One bowl of Rava (semolina)
- Two bowls of water
- Ghee, mustard seeds, and cumin (half tablespoon)
- 1/2 onion, 3-4 green chilly, and curry leaves
- Salt and other spices (as per taste)
- Roast the Rava (semolina) till it turns red and keep it aside.
- Take a pan or vessel, put it on gas and add 2/tablespoon of ghee or cooking oil, heat it up. After that, put small mustard seeds and cumin in the ghee and later chopped onions, green chilly and curry leaves in the heated ghee and keep stirring till the onion turns golden.
- After that pour water in doubled quantity as Rava (two bowls of water for one bowl of Rava), in the spices.
- Let the water boil a little and then add salt (as per taste) in it.
- Add Rava in the boiling water.
- Keep stirring so that it doesn’t lump. After the water is soaked up and it gets thick you can turn off the gas.
- You can add up coriander leaves on the top of it. (Optional)
Your healthy and light diet is ready!