The thought of being slim will help you to look fit, is set in the head of many people and in that when they can’t follow a strict diet, they decide not to eat, which is not good.
When you can’t follow a strict diet then, you should add something like poha (flattened rice) in your breakfast, or evening snack. Yes, consuming poha will help in protecting the body from illnesses and getting all the right elements in the right quantity.
Poha initially originated in Maharashtra. Under the rule of the Holkars and the Scindias, the informal dish earned widespread interest amongst the people. But it is now popular in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Poha manages Blood Sugar Levels. Poha is deemed as a good meal for diabetics, a good probiotic. Source Of Healthy Carbohydrates, it js really easy to digest, low in calories, and rich in Iron.
Prepare PohaPrint Recipe
- 2-3 cups Poha (soaked and dried properly)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- A sprinkle of asafoetida
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- 1 chopped potato (small dice, peeled and washed)
- 1 chopped onion
- Less than half a cup of peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- One lemon
- Salt (as per taste)
- Heat oil in a pan, put asafoetida, then mustard seeds.
- After they sizzle, add chilies and onion, Fry till onion becomes soft.
- When onions are done, add turmeric and curry leaves.
- Add nuts and chopped potatoes.
- Saute until potatoes are done. Add Poha, salt, and mix entirely. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and lemon juice.