South India is very famous for its food and spices, it is healthy and great in taste, and widely famous. We have heard about Idli and it’s love among people, it is really light and tasty. Idli origin is said to be in Indonesia, but at present, it is known as a South Indian dish.
Although it is famous everywhere. Idli is made of Rice and black lentils (urad dal). It contains many health benefits, it’s rich in vitamin, doesn’t contain any fat or cholesterol, if you are looking for weight loss then add Idli in your life.
- 240 ml soaked Idli rice (6-7 hours)
- 120 ml soaked Urad daal ( 6-7 hours)
- Poha ( 2 and a half tablespoons)
Please Note: Grind dal and rice separately 30 minutes before making Idli (make a proper thin, soft paste) and after blending mix dal and rice together, and stir properly. Your batter is ready.
- Half coconut, chop it.
- Add 3-4 green chilli, salt, and other spices for seasoning (as per taste) and blend it to a thick paste
- Take a pan, put less than half a tablespoon of oil, heat it properly, put cumin seeds, curry leaves in it
- After 3-4 minutes add the coconut paste in it, mix it welI.
Your Chutney is Ready
Lets make delicious Idlis
- Put the Idli cooker on the high flame with water( 1cup)
- Greece the Idli cooker plates properly with oil
- Fill the batter in those plates (carefully, avoid spreading)
- When the water is boiled enough, put the plates, close the cooker and let it steam for 10- 15 minutes.
- Check your Idli, whether properly done or not, it should look stiff on top and not wet.
- Remove the Idli by the spoon from the edges of the idli (avoid tearing up)
Your Idli is good to go!