Cheat day is included in everyone’s life, its like a holiday for one day from the strict diet. That time you want to have something spicy and yummy like Samosa.
Samosa is favorable to mostly everyone, it is crunchy, and feels great to put in mouth. It is made of Maida (all-purpose flour), potatoes, peas, and other spices. The samosa originated in the Middle East and Central Asia.
It then spread to Africa, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and elsewhere. The term samosa and its variants cover a family of pastries and dumplings famous from north-eastern Africa to western China. People have variations for the stuffing but the main and common stuffing includes Potatoes and peas.
Ingredients for samosa dough:-
. 250 gram of all-purpose flour
. Less than half a tablespoons of oil
. Salt (as per taste)
. Carom seeds (half tablespoon)
. Mix everything in the flour, rub the flour properly with to incorporate the oil. Add water little by little make a proper stiff dough, keep it covered with a wet cloth for half an hour.
Ingredients of Potato stuffing for Samosa
. 5-6 boiled potatoes
. Half cup of frozen peas
. Oil (half tablespoon)
. Ginger paste ( one tablespoon)
. chilli powder (as per taste)
. Salt (as per taste)
. chopped green chili
. Asafoetida (Hing) small pinch
. Cumin seeds (less than half tablespoon)
. Caraway seeds (less than half tablespoon)
- Heat oil in the pan put caraway and cumin seeds in it.
- Add the ginger paste in after cumin sizzled.
- Then add peas and saute it properly.
- After that add mashed potatoes and other spices in it (as per taste)
- Make balls from the dough.
- Make proper Roti (circle) shapes from those balls.
- Cut the circle into half
- Moist the edge of the semi-circle part join it from the corners properly, it should make a cone shape.
- Put the potato stuffing in it (as per size, don’t crowd it)
- Close the cone carefully but properly (so that it doesn’t open while frying)
- Put oil in a pot heat it properly on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot enough, gently add samosa one by one 3-4 at a time ( don’t crowd )
- Cook them properly from every side, till it becomes crunchy and turns pale brown.
- Remove them from the pot and keep it on a tissue to soak excessive oil.
- Serve them with sauce or anything you like.
Your Cheat day snack is ready!