Bread is the most used item when people are hungry and in a hurry, bread is tasty and it can be eaten with anything you like to have and that is the best thing about it is the best partner for any dish. People like to have a different kind of snack and breakfast in their daily routine, as eating bread and jam, bread butter, bread with an omelet, the sandwich becomes boring at a time.
There is one more recipe of bread that can make your snack more interesting and tasty and that is bread roll. Bread roll originated in England where it is cooked differently but in India, people like to add their taste. Likewise, it is prepared quite differently in India, here the bread is stuffed with boiled potato filling with spices.
The rolls can be prepared either in long shape or you can make them round as well, the shape depends on you. Bread is an outstanding basis of complex carbohydrates that provide our body with the fuel it needs and plays a crucial part in equalizing the degrees of glucose in the blood.
Specific categories of bread, like granary bread, have an elevated fiber quantity, which enhances the procedure of the digestive system. Although, when it is prepared in Indian style it adds some calories and lowers its benefits, so it is good to have a bread roll once in a while when you want to have a tasty snack of bread.
Let’s know to make tasty bread rolls.
Bread rolls - easy and tasty snackPrint Recipe
- 8 bread slices
- 2 onion finely chopped
- 4 large boiled potatoes
- 3 to 4 green chili finely chopped
- 2 tomato properly diced
- Red chili powder to taste
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Oil for cooking
- Mash the boiled potatoes and keep it aside. In a pan heat a little bit of oil on medium flame, add cumin seeds, red chili powder, and coriander powder.
- Then add the chopped onion and green chili in the pan, fry till onion gets soft and after that add tomatoes to it, cook it well. Then add the mashed potatoes to the pan and mix it with the spices. After that add salt as per taste and a pinch of black pepper. Mix it evenly. Cook till the filling is soft and proper to stuff the bread.
- Remove the borders of the bread by slicing it equally on all four sides by using a knife. Dip the slice of bread in water and then remove it and squeeze out carefully the excessive water.
- You can use milk as well instead of water.
- Put the balanced stuffing in the middle of the bread and wrap the rolls from opposing sides of corners. Then cover it from the remaining sides and give it a cylindrical shape, stuffing should not be excessive, or else it will come out while cooking, it should be balanced and wrapped properly. Prepare the remaining bread rolls in the same way.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium to high flame, when the oil is heated properly switch the flame to medium and fry the bread rolls. You can fry two bread rolls at a time or more if you have the idea of it.
- Cook them till they turn crunchy and golden brown. Remove them carefully and you can serve it with sauce or any Indian chutney.