Today as the world is so busy that we don’t have time for ourselves at times we even end up skipping our meals but when we are foodie Or fond of a particular dish we keep on finding ways in which we can get quick and easy access to it and that is homemade wheat momos.
Momo is a type of steamed bun/dumpling with or without stuffing. Momos are said to be originated in Nepal, followed by the eastern states of India but now it is famous everywhere. And now momos have taken the market food demand, you can find them everywhere from minor street food stalls to malls.
Momos are usually made from Maida (all-purpose flour) but we also have an alternative for it as wheat momos. This recipe is good for diabetics, heart, weight loss, and it will manage blood sugar level. The recipe is a keeper and stuffing includes several healthy ingredients.
Spinach, cabbage, carrots, ginger, and a little seasoning, these whole ingredients are great for health as we all know how vegetables can help a body to reach proper nutrition.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon yogurt/Dahi
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- ----- (For stuffing) -----
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ½ cup chopped cabbage
- ½ chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Mix flour, salt, and yogurt. Take little water and start making the dough. The dough should be medium soft. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Make the stuffing. Heat oil in a pan. Add in sliced vegetables and stir on high flame for 1 minute.
Spice up with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal parts. Roll out each ball into rounds. The ends should be thin and the center should be thick.
- Take 1 ½ teaspoon stuffing and keep it in the center. Start folding the ends, unite all the folds in the center. Do the same with the remaining.
- Steam the momos in the steamer. You know momos are done when their color becomes shiny.