Fish is the most loved among any other seafood, people prefer fish because it is said to be a really high protein diet. Usually, it is prepared in gravy as curry or something, but change is needed something like fish fingers, of course, everyone is aware of it and love it.
The Fish fingers dish firstly originated in the UK also known as Fish Sticks. It is made using a whitefish and coated with bread or something, then baked. As everyone is stuck at home, so fish fingers can be prepared back at home easily, you don’t have to miss it.
As white fish is a great source of protein. Fish fingers encompass strong levels of some vitamins and minerals – B12 for healthful red blood cells, phosphorous, and iodine, a mineral required by the thyroid gland to operate metabolic rate, and it has some calcium which is good for strong bones and teeth.
Let’s know how to make easy tasty fish fingers.
Preparation for easy tasty fish fingers
- 300 grams of fish fillets
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg or you can take 2
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 and a half teaspoon of ginger- garlic paste
- Half tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for frying
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- Wash and then discard the skin from the fish, then chop them in finger size. Keep it aside.
- Take a bowl, break the egg in it. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder, salt as per taste, lemon juice, cornflour, and ginger-garlic paste. Whisk it properly.
- After that marinate the fish, by putting them in the mixture. Mix it all properly. Then coat the fish fingers in bread crumbs nicely. Keep them aside for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame put the fish fingers in the oil, and deep fry the fish fingers until they turn golden brown. Do the same for the remaining.
- Remove the fish fingers and keep them on a tissue or something to remove the excessive oil. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and black pepper on top of it and serve with sauce or anything as per taste.