Cooker rice can be eaten with a lot of things and gravies, but its combination with Rajma curry hits hard. Rajma is a vegetarian dish, originating from the Indian subcontinent, consisting of red kidney beans in a thick gravy with many Indian whole spices.
It’s not just great in taste it is said to be another great source of protein for vegans. It is an excellent source of dietary fibers, which help boost your digestive system and also keep your heart healthy.
It has a low GI index, which makes it ideal for diabetics too. Rajma also boasts of an array of antioxidants, it is a natural detoxifier. It lowers cholesterol, blood sugar, it is also great for the strength of bones, it is said to be good to bolster memory.
Let’s know to make yummy Rajma curry.
- 300 grams of Rajma (soaked overnight)
- 1 bay leaf
- Half teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Puree of 1 Onion and two tomatoes
- 2 -3 chopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon of milk cream
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- More than half a teaspoon Kasuri Methi
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Water to adjust
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Boil the Rajma in a Butterfly Curve Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker, for 4-5 whistle (or more if needed)
- In pan heat ghee on medium flame, add bay leaf, cumin seeds. Saute till it crackles. Then add ginger garlic paste, saute it for few seconds.
- After that add the tomato and onion puree with chili. Stir till it becomes golden in color, let raw smell vanish.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, Kasuri Methi, and garam masala. Add milk cream Mix it all well.
- After that add the boiled Rajma, mix evenly. Add water to adjust gravy as per convenience. Then add salt as per taste and stir the curry.
- Cook the Rajma curry on medium flame, boil it till the rajma turns soft and gravy is thick as per your choice. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve with Cooked rice or Roti.
Butterfly Cute Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker