Most people consider radish as a part of a salad, it is not thought of as a vegetable that can be consumed along with the roti. Radish is an edible root vegetable of the family Brassicaceae that was domesticated in Asia before Roman times.
Radishes are cultivated and eaten throughout the world, are mainly eaten raw as a crunchy salad vegetable with a fragrant flavor. Radishes are affluent in antioxidants and minerals like calcium and potassium. Jointly, these nutrients help lower increased blood pressure and lessen your chances for a heart ailment.
The radish is also a decent basis for fresh nitrates that enhance blood flow. It is served with a salad which people eat for digestion as well as nutrients. but some might not be aware of the fact that the leaves of it can be really useful and can give a good company to your roti by being a meal.
Yes, you can make a separate dish from the leaves of radish. It can be spiced up as per your preferences but it is tasty anyway and has several healthy elements. Let’s know, to make a tasty spicy dish of radish leaves.
Radish Leaves Dish- Tasty And HealthyPrint Recipe
- A bunch of radish leaves
- 100 grams of Moong Dal
- 2 to 3 green chili chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- One teaspoon cumin seeds
- One teaspoon mustard seeds
- Water 1 cup
- Finely and thinly chop the Radish leaves and soak them in a bow for 15 minutes, soak dal separately. For 15 minutes.
- After heating oil in a Kadai, add cumin and mustard seeds, and let them sizzle. Then add chopped onion, green chili, garlic cloves, and stir them well.
- When the spices are properly done add leaves and dal in the Kadai. Mix it evenly.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste and keep mixing. When the spices are mixed properly, add a little bit of water, cover the Kadai, and let the dish cook for 15 minutes on medium to low flame. Keep on checking in between.
- When the dish is properly done, switch off the flame and serve.