People are so creative that they have done soo many experiments on food, which can be healthy and tasty, there are very few such dishes that hold them both, but people do not want to compromise with the taste nor with the health, in such process only Palak Paneer came onto a plate.
Palak paneer is a vegetarian dish originating from the Indian subcontinent, consisting of paneer (a type of cottage cheese) in a thick paste prepared from puréed spinach and spiced up with ginger, garlic, garam masala, and extra seasonings. The dish has magnesium, folate, vitamin A, vitamin K, potassium, calcium, and more.
Since palak paneer is full of calcium and phosphorous it plays a part in heart and muscle function.’ the vitamins B2 and B12 in cottage cheese help convert the food into functional energy. It is great for the smooth digestion function as well as helpful for pregnant women. Palak Paneer is a great source of high nutrition at one time for the vegetarians, it can be consumed with Roti or as a soup.
Let’s see how it can be cooked.
- 350 grams of spinach
- 200-gram paneer diced into pieces (fried)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 and a half tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato
- 2-3 green chili
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1-inch ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Red chili powder as per taste
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- Half tablespoon Kasuri methi
- More than a half cup of water
- Salt as per taste
- Boil water in a pot and add a little salt and then spinach leaves to it. Simmer the spinach leaves for 3 minutes until melted. After the spinach is warm, put spinach in a blender, also add tomato, cloves of garlic, ginger, and green chili. Blend it to make a thick smooth paste.
- Take a pan, heat it on medium flame, put oil in it. Then add the chopped onions. Cook the onion for few minutes until soft and translucent.
- After that add in the prepared spinach paste and mix. Add water to adjust as per choice.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 minutes on medium heat. The spinach will boil fast, so keep stirring in between to avoid burning.
- After the spinach is cooked, add the Kasuri methi, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt as per taste. Mix and cook for 1 minute. Then add butter in it and mix it well.
- Add fried paneer and then keep stirring the palak paneer well. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When your palak paneer is done, sprinkle lemon juice and mix it nicely.