Taste is something you can’t compromise with, even if you make something healthy, the add-on is mandatory to enhance the taste of it and that is where the innovation initiates. Likewise, potato stuffed Rava idli was the innovation of Idli, although idli is totally different from it, the first idea comes from it only people made Rava idli by using spiced potato as stuffing, for the change of taste, like people have masala dosa.
This creative idea of a change of course originated from the Indian subcontinent. Rava idli is healthy and gives a tasty twist by stuffing. Normal Rava idli is good for health, but potato stuffing with a seasoning of spices add some calories to it obviously. Having it on sometimes is not harmful, you can stock as well as burn your calories. It is a great dish to make for a change in your regular routine of diet.
Let’s know to make yummy spiced potato stuffed Rava idli.
- 3 boiled potato
- One and a half cup of Rava
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of curd
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 2 green chili chopped finely
- 1 onion chopped
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Less than half teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- One teaspoon cumin seeds
- Half teaspoon of baking soda
- Oil for cooking and greeting
- Water to adjust
- Chop the boiled potatoes into cubes. Now heat the oil in a pan on medium, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds let them sizzle till it starts to crackle.
- Now add curry leaves, add the chopped onion and green chili saute them properly. The stuffing is ready.
- In a bowl, add the Rava, small pinch of salt, baking soda, and curd. Mix it properly, add water to adjust. Ready the fine thick batter. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes if the batter is too thick add more water to adjust and make a proper smooth paste.
- In a deep pan add water, keep the Rack stand in it, and keep up late on top of the stand.
- Take medium size 2 – 3 steel bowl ( you can take more as per the size of pan). Now grease the bowls with oil a little bit. Pour a few amounts of batter in the bowl (don’t fill it, keep the space for stuffing and more batter to cover).
- Make small disks of Potato stuffing, put one disk in the bowl of batter, then add more batter to cover the potato stuffing in the bowl.
- Do the same for all.
- Put the bowls in the pan on the stand, cover the pan steam it on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes check the idli, if it is wet on top steam it for more few minutes.
Once it is done serve it with Chutney or Sauce or anything you like.
Pigeon - Hot 24 Idly Pot with Steamer