If you are a Shinchan lover you must have seen that how much he hated capsicum and seeing that without even tasting, we developed a disgust in our minds for capsicum especially kids, and it becomes difficult to make them eat, as it is a nutritional vegetable.
Here, you can make a great dish out of capsicum that your kids and even you will love and totally change the definition of its taste, the dish is Potato stuffed capsicum with slight seasoning as for kids.
Capsicum is prepared with various stuffing, in many countries with meat as well. In India, it is mainly made with the potato stuffing only and frying it on the pan. This stuffing idea took birth in Spain, Mexico, and the Mediterranean Basin.
Capsicums are a great basis for vitamin A. They are also a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, B6, and folate. The sweetness of capsicums is due to their natural sugars (green capsicums have less sugar than red capsicums). It is easy to make and take for your digestion.
Let’s know to make boring capsicum into a tasty dish.
- 500 grams medium size capsicum
- 4 boiled potatoes
- 2 green chili chopped
- Half teaspoon of red chili powder (keep it less spicy, if making for kids)
- 1 small pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 small pinch of asafoetida ( hing)
- Less than half a teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, add peeled and boiled potatoes. Add all the spices:
- Turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin seeds fennel seeds garam masala salt, coriander powder, and coriander leaves. Mash it well and mix the spices evenly. When the stuffing is properly mixed keep it aside.
- Wash the capsicums properly, slit in between for the stuffing don’t tear it apart. And from that cut only very carefully remove the seeds of it (don’t cut capsicum into two parts).
- Do the same for all.
- Now from hand or a spoon fill the capsicum from the mashed mixture of potato. Stop it fully properly, by the same procedure fill remaining capsicums as well.
- In a pan heat oil on medium flame, and put the capsicums on it.
- Cover the Stahl Triply Stainless Steel Artisan Frypan and cook it for a few minutes (keep checking in between and turning its sides to cook evenly). Cook till capsicum turns brownish, and stuffing turns golden brown.
Tip: You can also add chicken kheema or mutton kheema as stuffing as well.
Stahl Triply Stainless Steel Artisan Frypan with Lid