We all are aware that South Indian dishes are really tasty and healthy, healthy because they are very light and do not contain any harmful elements. Dosa is made by the fermented batter and that better is prepared from rice and black gram.
Dosa is been consumed on a daily basis in South India and it is preferable widely in the Indian subcontinent. It has many variations like masala dosa, Rava Dosa, neer dosa, and many more. Plain dosa is one of its types it doesn’t require any stuffing.
Plain dosa has many health benefits like it is said to be the best source of carbohydrates, dosa is low on fat, more importantly as it is a light diet, hence it is very easy and smooth to digest. Dosa can be considered as a good source of protein.
Let’s know to make easy tasty and healthy plain dosa.
Let's know to make easy tasty and healthy plain dosaPrint Recipe
- 2 cups of rice (rinsed for 3 to 4 hours)
- Half cup of urad dal (rinsed for 3 to 4 hours)
- Water adjustable
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil
- Grind the dal and rice separately, add water to adjust and make a thick smooth paste.
- combine dal and rice add more water to adjust, add salt as per taste. Mix it well, keep the batter aside in a warm place and ferment it in a container for 6 to 7 hours or keep it overnight.
- After when your dosa batter is ready, you can add more water if it’s really thick, it should be neutral.
- Take a Dosa pan (iron pan), grease it with oil, heat it on medium flame.
- After that take a scoop of the dosa batter, put it in the center of the pan, and spread it with the ladle, in a round shape on the Pan.
- Drip a small teaspoon of oil on the verges of the dosa and on the center as well.
- In a minute only, dosa will start turning golden brown and fluffed up. Using a spatula lift the dosa from the ends, and cook it from the other side for a few seconds.
- Fold it and keep it on a plate. Do the same with the remaining batter.
- Serve it either with coconut chutney or sauce.