People always pinpoint to the vegetarians for not getting high protein, like the non-vegetarians because they don’t eat meat. We are all aware that meat consists of really high protein elements which are good for the fitness and bones and many more things, although even the veggies which vegetarians eat like spinach, broccoli, bitter gourd, etc have many nutritious elements like iron vitamins, etc.
Of course, meat has different elements of proteins that vegetarians may lack. Hence the best source of protein for vegetarians is paneer (cottage cheese), Like the other dishes chicken curry, mutton curry, etc vegetarians people have paneer curry, the gravy has the same procedure but the paneer becomes the substitute for meat.
It might not have the same level of proteins as the meat has but it is surely the best protein source vegetarians can get. The tasty paneer curry originated in Punjab, India. It is prepared normally with the spices and adding paneer in it as the main ingredient.
Paneer is a rich source of folate, it maintains the blood sugar level, good for the strength of bones and teeth, as already mentioned that it is rich in protein, and many more.
Let’s know to make tasty healthy Paneer Butter curry.
- 250 grams paneer (diced into 2 inches cubes)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- Puree of 2 tomatoes
- Puree of one medium-size onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi ( Fenugreek dry leaves)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Red chili powder as per taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (or any other powder spice)
- One teaspoon cumin seeds
- Small pinch of Hing ( Asafoetida)
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Water adjustable
- Take a nonstick pan heat ghee in it on a medium flame, after that add the diced Paneer in the pan and roast till it becomes light brownish. Keep it aside.
- Take a deep vessel, add the butter in it, heat it, you can add a little bit of ghee. Once the butter is heated enough add the cumin seeds, hing and sizzle it, and then add ginger garlic paste stir it for few seconds, then add the onion puree and cook until the onion starts to release water.
- After that add the tomato puree in the mixture mix it well and cook it for few minutes. Then add the spices: Kasuri methi, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and coriander powder. Mix it well and cook for few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of water ( you can add more or less, depends on how thick you want your gravy), cook till the gravy comes to a boil (you can boil for more time if you want your gravy to be really thick if it so then adds lesser water).
- Once the gravy is boiled add the salt as per taste and then paneer (you can add more butter while adding the Paneer). Mix it well, then cover the vessel half and cook for 3 to 4 minutes (keep checking and between).
- Once your paneer curry is done, garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve.