We all are very eager to know something new or some changes, it is our normal human tendency. Likewise, our tongue is very fond of changes and try new dishes, and it is difficult to decide sometimes that what to try.
You probably should try onigiri, it is also known as a rice ball. It is a Japanese food prepared from white rice shaped into triangular or cylindrical molds and often wrapped in nori (seaweed). Traditionally, an onigiri is filled with pickled salted salmon, kombu, or any additional salty or sour ingredient as a natural preservative.
Most Japanese convenience keeps their onigiri with varied stuffing and seasonings. It is a really famous dish, In its most common form (think of onigiri), nori comes as roasted sheets. With quite the amazing nutritive form, nori is filled with iodine, potassium, vitamin B12, and is low in calories making it a healthy snack between meals.
Let’s know to make.
Onigiri Rice Balls RecipePrint Recipe
- 65g cooked Rice
- 1/4 sheet nori seaweed
- Sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- --- For Stuffing ---
- Cooked salmon
- Pickled plums
- Japanese pickles
- Tuna mayo
- The first step is to, cook the rice either in a cooker or whatever way you are comfortable with.
- Sprinkle some salt on your hands and then, mold the rice into small balls whatever size you like, don’t make it too big.
- Create a small space in the center of the rice to put in the stuffing, that you want with spices or other things. Close the ball properly and roll it in your hands..see to it that it doesn’t open.
- Now take your rice balls and wrap them with the nori seaweed sheet.
- After that when your rice balls are done, put some sesame seeds on it, for good appearance and taste. Serve it as snacks or breakfast as well as can be consumed with lunch.