Tandoori Pomfret is one my favorite fish dish. It is prepared with marination of home made Masala / spices and taste very delicious.
Pomfret or Silver Pomfret originated from a Portuguese word “Pampo”. Its a very tasty sea water fish with a single bone. Its found in Indian, Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Atlantic Pomfret are also known as Angel Fish and very popular among all. There are 3 types of Pomfret known as Silver Pomfret, Grey and Black Pomfret. In India they are popular in Coastal region mainly Maharashtra, Chennai and Goa. They are also called Paplet and Halwa.
Pomfrets are super-delicious and don’t have strong ador. Here we will prepare Tandoor style Pomfret in IFB Microwave. Its easy to make with minimum efforts as all the masala are available at home.
I have take 6 Pomfrets for Tandoor recipe, bought fresh from Fish Market. Pomfrets are rich in protein and very low in calories and fat. The protein intake helps in reducing cardiovascular diseases. Pomfrets are cooked and prepared as a whole fish by cleaning and removing the inner organs. Its known to be a clean fish with less organs in the first half of the body.
How to clean the Pomfret Fish
- Always try to get Fresh fish from the market. First Step would be to clean and trim the Tails, Fins and Scales. You can use Scissor or Knife for it.
- Then give a middle cut of the first half of the fish from stomach to mouth and put finger in the stomach part to remove all the inner organ properly.
- You can also cut the mouth part below the eye and its optional.
- Wash and clean the fish in running water. Pat and sto
- Ingredients For 6 small Size Fish
- 2 tablespoon Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 2 tablespoon Gram Flour
- 2 teaspoon Carom seeds
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 2 teaspoon Jeera Powder
- 4 teaspoon Red chili Powder (Please adjust the chili powder as per your taste and spicyness. I have used Kashmiri Chillin Powder.)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Lemon Juice
- Salt as per taste
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients. Adjust the chili powder as per spiciness and besan as per thickness.
- Coat the cleaned fish and Apply the marinade on both sides. Also apply inside the stomach of the fish.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. The more time you keep the better its marinated.
- Now take the Pan and grease the pan with butter
- Keep the fishes in the pan and add some butter on the fish as well.
- Now grill the fish for 15 minutes and turn the side and grill for 10 minutes more.
- Your Tandoori Pomfret is ready to serve hot.
- Garnish the plate with ready pomfret, some cucumber, tomato, onion and Pudina leaves.
Enjoy with family the super-delicious Tandoori Pomfret