Mutton curry is a great option for a meal, plain curry won’t work much, and people seek nutrition with taste. Mutton curry is made by the Goat meat, other vegetables, and spices for seasoning.
Mutton curry original in Bangladesh, India also famous in Pakistan and other regions of South Asia as well. It is served with Roti or rice in the meal. It is really high in protein, it is an amazing source of many vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, and it holds anti-stress and depression qualities, down to its B12 content.
Consumption of mutton (lamb) will help in gaining muscles, it is said to be a good treatment to prohibit anemia. Goat meat has extra iron, comparable protein, and lower levels of humid fat, calories, and cholesterol, pertaining to other meats.
Although mutton (lamb) or any other red meat, preferably should not be consumed on a daily basis, twice in a week is more than enough.
- *** Ingredients for marinating mutton ***
- 500 grams mutton
- Turmeric powder (1 teaspoon)
- Chili powder (more than half teaspoon)
- Salt ( 1 teaspoon)
- 2 and a half tablespoons of curd
- 1 teaspoon ginger- garlic paste
- *** Ingredients for curry ***
- 2 and a half tablespoons of Ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 1 cup of tomato and onion puree (blended)
- 2-3 chopped green chili
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoon of garam masala
- Water adjustable
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Keep the mutton out of the refrigerator half an hour before cooking, for the normal temperature.
- Heat the pan, put ghee in it, and heat it on medium flame. Add cumin seeds, sizzle it then adds bay leaf and cinnamon stick. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add curry leaves, green chili, and saute. Then pour onion and tomato puree. Mix it well. Cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the mutton, saute for 5 minutes then cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add water to adjust the curry. Mix it well.
- Cook the curry till the mutton is soft and tender(Add salt or spices if needed)
- When the curry is done garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot with Indian flatbread (Roti) or with Cooked rice.