Today we are making Restaurant style Mutton Chaap or Mutton Chops fry special. This is a very delicious recipe made with Goat or Lamb ribs. This is a all occasion recipe from Eid to Birthday to Family get together functions. And liked by children to elders.
I would say Mutton Chaap fry is most underrated non veg recipe but very delicious if cooked properly with longer marination. The masala induced in the ribs is mouth watering tasty.
Mutton Chaap can be made as fried or Chaap Masala. Both are very tasty to eat as a starter or main course with tandoori Roti or Naan. The other mutton recipe, I like is Mutton Rogan Josh. Also try Mutton Korma for main course recipe.
Here we have pressure cooked the mutton chops with onion and ginger garlic paste. This not only tenders the mutton but also the aroma of the cooked meat makes it more delicious.
So without taking any more time, lets prepare the mutton chaap or mutton chop fry recipe. Please do let us know how you like the recipe in the below comments. Also share this recipe with family and friends.
Mutton Chaap Fry SpecialPrint Recipe
- 1/2 Kg Mutton Chaap Cleaned and Rinsed
- 1/2 bowl Curd (Dahi)
- 2 Table Spoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 Table Spoon Corn Flour
- 1 Table Spoon Gram Flour
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Pepper Powder
- Salt As per Taste
- Kasuri Methi leaves
- 1 Tea Spoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Medium Size Onion
- 1 Tea Spoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Oil for frying
- Coriander leaver for garnish
- Clean and wash the Mutton Chops or Chaap and rinse the water.
- Add the Mutton Chaaps to the Pressure cooker. Add Chopped Onions, Ginger Garlic Paste, Pepper powder and salt to the chops. Add 100 ml water and cook it till the mutton gets tender. It can take 2 to 4 whistles depending on the mutton.
- After the Pressure is released naturally, cook it on high flame till the remaining water is dried.
- Move the chops to a plate and let it cool.
- Now add the remaining ingredients to a bowl, Curd and Lemon juice and mix well.
- Adjust the Salt and spice as per your taste
- Now apply the mixed masala to the cooked and cooled mutton chops thoroughly and marinate for 1-2 hrs. The longer the marination, the better the taste.
- For frying add the vegetable oil to a frying pan. Heat the oil.
- Once oil is hot, add the chops and fry it for 2 mins till golden brown. Dont add all the chops together and make the pan over crowded.
- Once all the chops are fried, place them in a plate. Garnish it with coriander powder.
- Server hot with lemon and tomatoes. You can serve with green chutney as well.