When people are confused about what to gift someone, the first thing came in mind is chocolates, and when people go out wanna have something that can be loved by the tongue and adjusted by health like hot chocolate.
Hot chocolate, also known as drinking chocolate, cocoa, and chocolate tea and it is really famous in Nigeria. It is a heated drink containing shredded chocolate, melted chocolate or cocoa powder, heated milk or water, thick in texture, and usually a sweetener. Hot chocolate can be capped with whipped cream or marshmallows, it originated in Mesoamerica.
But now as there’s not a single thing left that can’t be prepared at home, so as it is possible to make the most favorite, healthy, and yummy hot chocolate. Cocoa is good for heart health, a great way to get fiber and iron in the body.
Cocoa is rich in antioxidants known as flavonoids, it helps to grow memory, as well as it is said to be the best therapy to do when you are unhappy. Let’s know to make yummy hot chocolate.
Lets make yummy hot chocolate.
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- Honey or Maple syrup (plus more to taste if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream (optional for topping/you can put anything as per your taste)
- Take a deep pan, pour milk in it heat it on medium to low flame for 4-5 minutes(Avoid boiling, or it will end up burning)
- Put the cocoa powder in the heated milk and mix it well, then add maple syrupMix it well
- Then add the vanilla extract for the taste, stir and mix it well for 1-2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, and pour the hot chocolate in glasses.
- For the toppings add the whipped cream or any dry fruit as per the taste.
- Serve it before it turns cold.