Curd set to be effective for energy and immune system. People either consume curd as it is or they make lassi or something out of it. But to make it more effective people add vegetables in the card and make a salad, it is also known as Raita.
Raita originated in the Indian subcontinent. It is said to be the associated National cuisine of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal. It is prepared in the cold curd by adding either cooked or raw vegetables. The ingredients can be added as per individual choice, more of vegetables means more of health benefits.
Curd is said to be great for the digestive system. Curd has a moisturizing impact on the skin and it naturally heals your skin and makes it glow, purifies the blood which makes your skin clear. Nutrients like potassium and magnesium help in reducing high blood pressure and facilitating a healthy heart, it comprises calcium which is ultimately good for bones. Adding vegetables in the curd is like ‘icing on the cake’.
Let’s not to make curd salad (Raita)
- 500 grams of creamy curd (cold)
- 1 medium-sized cucumber finely chopped
- One large tomato finely chopped
- One finely chopped beetroot.
- 1 finely chopped medium-sized onion (Optional)
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium-sized finely chopped carrot
- Half teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Take a big bowl pour curd in it. after that adding cucumber, tomato, beetroot, onion, pomegranate seeds, carrot, roasted cumin powder, and mix it well.
- Then add salt as per taste and pinch of black pepper powder. (You can add any other spices for the seasoning). Stir and mix it well.
- At the last before serving garnish it with the freshly chopped coriander leaves.