Paneer (cottage cheese) is really great in taste and also good for health, it is said to be the best source of protein for vegetarians.
It is mostly prepared with gravy, either added in some stuffing or roasted and consumed as it is. But there are many ways the Paneer can be prepared in a healthy and tasty form. The best thing you can do with paneer is by making grilled paneer, it will not involve gravy or something.
In India it is known as Paneer tikka, it has some variations. But this paneer tikka or grilled paneer idea came from North India. In restaurants, it is served as a starter by marinating paneer in spices and then putting them in a stick with other vegetables like tomato and other veggies. But of course, you don’t need a stick at your home grilled paneer is really easy to make and you can add flavor as per your taste all you need is some spices.
It is made in tandoor but if you don’t have one you can normally make it in a nonstick pan. We all are well aware of the health benefits of paneer, it is a rich source of protein, that also helps and maintaining the blood sugar level of a body. You can prefer it if you are seeking for weight loss, and may help you to improve the digestion system.
Let’s know how to make easy grilled paneer at home.
- 250 grams of paneer
- Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 bowl curd
- One and a half teaspoon of paneer tikka masala or any garam masala
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Dice the Paneer in cubes
- Take a bowl to add curd in it (try to use less of curd), then mix the spices in the curd red chili, turmeric powder, salt as per taste, and paneer tikka masala. Mix it well
- Marinate the Paneer with the curd mixture, and keep it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in the pan (if you have Tandoor it has the same procedure). Put the diced pieces of paneer and grill it evenly from all the sides till it turns brownish.
- When your grilled paneer is roasted properly add the freshly chopped coriander leaves on top of it, and sprinkle black pepper as per choice and squeeze the lemon on it for seasoning.