There is no Indian festival that does not include sweet dishes, it is like a mandatory thing to prepare then only the festival is considered complete. Likewise in Eid, there are many delicious dishes to be prepared specially on Eid a Milad un Nabi.
Eid a Milad un Nabi is celebrated to commemorate the birth of Prophet Muhammad. It is to be said that the Prophet was born in Mecca on the twelfth day of Rabee-ul-Awwal in 570 CE. The day is devoted to the Prophet and the ideologies of Islam. The festival is also known as Milad an-Nabi and Mawlid an-Nabi.
This year it is going to be celebrated on the 30th of October, on this day people begin their day with a dawn prayer pursued by a ceremony and huge gathering in mosques. Kids have recited tales of Muhammad, about his existence and preachings as illustrated in the Holy Quran. The day ceases with contributions towards the needy and underprivileged people.
The other best part of this day is people get to taste yummy and variations of dishes like kebab, biryani, chicken, and many more but sweet this holds a different love. So, the best thing you can prepare as a dish on this day is vermicelli pudding. It is great in taste and easy to make and will increase the joy of this day.
Let’s not make vermicelli pudding.
- 2 cups of vermicelli
- Four cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon of milkmaid ( optional)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Sugar as per taste
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- Pinch of saffron
- Sliced almonds ( lightly roasted)
- Sliced cashews (lightly roasted)
- In a heavy and deep bottomed pan or a container, heat ghee on medium flame. Add the vermicelli by breaking them in the pan and roast till it turns golden brown. Avoid the burning.
- When the vermicelli is roasted properly pour milk and milkmaid in it. Try to use warm milk ( you can adjust your milk as per the quantity you want of your pudding). Add sugar, cardamom powder, and stir it properly. Afterward, add the saffron and again mix it.
- Cook the pudding for 15 to 20 minutes, until it’s thick enough as per your preference.
- Once it is done garnish it with almonds, cashews, pistachios, and few saffron sticks on top, before serving you can use other dry fruits as well.
You can have it immediately after preparing and also can store in the refrigerator it will taste more delicious.