In this pandemic, people were missing out cafes and restaurants, coffee lovers especially. So, there was a time a trend got viral during this pandemic, which was Dalgona coffee.
It is a Beverage made by whipping equal proportions of instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until it becomes creamy and then adding it to cold or hot milk. Occasionally, it is topped with coffee powder, cocoa, melted chocolate, etc. Dalgona coffee initially originated in South Korea. So, because of shutters on everything, coffee lovers started to make Dalgona coffee at their homes without the coffeemaker, which got viral.
Just like a normal coffee, it helps to boost energy. As well as, instant coffee comprises numerous antioxidants and nutrients that may profit your health in various manners, it may also lessen the risk of type 2 diabetes and liver infection.
Most Trending Dalgona coffee Recipe
- 4 Tablespoons instant coffee or instant (you can use espresso, if available)
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- Less than half a cup of hot water
- 2-3 cups of milk
- Take some ice
- Cocoa powder (as per choice to sprinkle on top)
- Hershey's syrup (optional)
- In a container or jar mix coffee, sugar, a little bit of Hershey’s syrup (for flavor), and hot water together using a stand mixer, hand mixer, or a normal mixer whisk it. Whisk for 2-5 minutes till it becomes foam.
- Take coffee glasses (or normal glass) put ice in it equally.
- After that add milk in the glass ( don’t fill it too much, keep the space for whip cream)
- Then put the whipped creamy foam on your coffee equally
- Sprinkle cocoa powder for taste.