Royal Dessert – Gajar Ka Halwa Special Recipe Of Winter Season
Gajar Ka Halwa is always great to have a sweet dish and dessert at home to have after or with the meal, something like Carrot Pudding. Carrot Halwa or Gajar Halwa is a sweet dessert pudding, originated from the Indian subcontinent. It is prepared by grated carrots. It is generally served with almonds and pistachios. The Gajar Halwa was initially presented at the Mughal era.
It is mostly considered as Punjabi dish, it is also famous in Pakistan. It is relatively the same as the further types of Punjabi halwa (pudding). Carrot pudding is mainly prepared during the winter season and can be considered as a festive dish. It is a light nutritional dessert with slighter fat (a minimum of 10.03% and an average of 12.19%) than any other normal confection from the Indian subcontinent.
Gajar Halwa can served hot or chilled. In many hotels Gajar halwa is served with ice-cream specially vanilla flavor and it tastes delicious.
- Gajar Halwa can stays for 8-10 days if refrigerated. But believe me, your tongue wont allow you to keep it for so many days.
- Make sure that its not stored in room temperature as it can get spoiled.
- Gajar Halwa can be even stored in freezer for about a month.
The key ingredients for preparing Gajar Halwa are Carrots, Desi Ghee, Sugar, Green cardamom, Cinnamon sticks, sugar, Milk, Almonds, Pistachios and (optional: mawa / khoya)
Benefits of Carrot
- Carrots are good for eyes so it improves eye condition, helps in Weight Loss.
- Good for digestion fights cholesterol and improves heart health, helps in lowering the blood pressure, and is great for skin and immunity.
- Vitamin C in carrots clean and preserve your immune system and help in building body antibodies.
- Vitamin K and Calcium in Carrots help in strengthening your bones.
- Raw Carrots are high in fiber content and help with constipation and your stomach clean.
- 500gram carrots
- Sugar as per taste
- Milk ( half bowl)
- milkmaid (optional)
- Dry fruits ( Almond. Cashew, pistachio, and Raisins)
- Wash 500grams carrots peel them and grate them properly.
- Take a vessel or a cooker on the stove, put ghee in it, and heat it up.
- After the ghee is heated add the grated carrots in it. Cover the vessel and let it steam for 7-8 minutes (keep stirring in between)
- When the grated carrots turn light in color and softer, add sugar in it (as per taste) and mix it well.
- After mixing it well add the proper amount of milk and water in it (you can add milkmaid if available) Keep stirring till the milk soaks up.
- After the milk is saturated, add properly chopped dry fruits in the pudding, mix it well.
- Turn off the gas and you can put dry fruits on top of it while serving.
- Your delightful carrot pudding is ready!