Pala poori Is a south Indian sweet dish. It is poori made with all-purpose flour and gets soaked into the milk. If you want to try this Indian delicious recipe, then here is a recipe that will help you to make the Pala poori at home.
To make the Pala poori, you have to make the flavored milk and dough for the poori. Don’t worry here is a guide on how you can make Pala poori at home with the basic ingredients that are easily available at home.
Recipe to make Pala poori at home
Follow these simple steps to make the Pala poori at home. First of all, prepare flavored milk for the Pala poori. And after that make the dough for the poori. Procedures are given accordingly. Have a look.
Flavored milk for Pala poori
Go through these few steps and you will have the flavored milk for the Pala poori.
Pala poori Ingredients
Collect all these ingredients for making the flavored milk. The flavored milk requires the following ingredients.
Recipe to make Pala poori at home
- 1 and 1/2 Liter Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Rice
- 1/2 Tablespoon Khuskhus/Poppy Seeds
- 100 Grams Cashew Nuts
- 50 Grams Almonds
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Flour/Maida for Puri
- Oil As required
Procedure for Flavored Milk:
- Step 1: First of all, you have to Boil the fresh milk in a thick bottom vessel like the pan or kadhai.
- Step 2: After that, as the milk starts boiling, then you have to add sugar to it. Allow this milk mixture to boil for at least 5 more minutes.
- Step 3: You have to Soak the rice and almonds for 3 to 4 hours. Similarly, soak Poppy seeds separately for the same period.
- Step 4: After that given time, peel the almonds and remove the skin over them. And Keep the almonds aside.
- Step 5: After that start grinding all the almonds along with the whitish cashew nuts. And make its fine paste. You can add some milk if you find it necessary.
- Step 6: Add this mixture of almond and cashew to the milk which we have boiling. After the addition let it boil for 3 to 5 minutes extra. And your flavored milk is ready now. Make it stand alone aside.
Make poori for Pala poori
Here are the steps to make the poori for the Pala poori. Check it out.
Procedure for Poori:
Here is the procedure to make the Pala poori. Check out the steps to make this delicious dish.
For making dough:
- Step 1: To make the poori, we have to first make dough for that. First of all, add some water according to the amount given above to the flour/Maida. Knead the dough well to make it a soft dough.
- Step 2: The dough made should be soft and stiff. After making the dough don’t leave the dough to standby for much time. Make the pooris immediately after making it.
Steps for making the poori
- Step 1: Shape the dough into equal size balls as many as possible. Press these balls with the help of a roti maker. That will make the thin poori. Note that you have to Make pooris as thin as possible but not too much thin.
- Step 2: For frying poori, prepare a pan with oil. Start the flame and heat the pan. Let the oil become hot. When fumes start coming up then deep the poori carefully in the hot oil. After that, the poori starts frying. They get some air inside and puff out. Let the pooris fry little.
- Step 3: Make sure that poori doesn’t change color. Means don’t over fry the pooris. Slowly take them out of the oil and then drop them in the flavored milk we prepared.
- Step 4: Let the poori get soaked in the milk for 5 minutes. And add next poori as you pick up from oil. Soak all the pooris in the milk.
- Step 5: Now after soaking take out the pooris with something into the wide plate. You have to repeat this process until all the pooris get finished soaking.
- Step 6: You can add the milk in between adding pooris to the dish. The taste of the flavored milk comes in the poori. And your Pala poori is ready.
- Step 7: You can serve them hot or chill with almond or cashew. Top it with a spoon of flavored milk and Serve on a plate.
So, this was the recipe of the Pala poori. You can simply make it at home. Try out this delicious dish at home and share it with your friends and make others happy too. Are you going to try Pala poori at your home?? Must-try dish.