It is possible, that you haven’t heard of it before, but it is just an amazing sweet dish. At present people are not so fond of sugar and sweets, either they don’t eat or consumes it very less amount.
For that Rabdi can be the best thing, it is good to have once in a while when you feel to taste sweet. Rabdi is a sweet, condensed-milk-based dish, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling milk on low heat for a long time until it becomes dense and changes its color to off-white or fade yellow.
Jaggery, spices, and nuts are added to it to give it aroma. It is chilled and served as dessert. It is associated with the National cuisine of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. But it originated from the Indian subcontinent. Rabdi is a good source of energy as we all know milk provides calcium, useful for strong bones and teeth, and the dry fruits that are been used contain loads of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium, and vitamin E.
Lets prepare Mouthwatering Rabdi RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 and a half liters of milk
- Half cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Saffron strand 1-2
- 1 tablespoon pistachios crushed
- 5-6 almonds finely chopped
- Sugar as per taste
- Pour milk in a deep pan, heat it on high flame. Add sugar stir and let it boil.
- Decrease the heat to medium flame and add the heavy cream.
- Stir it well bottom to top, stir on the edges to mix the cream. Let it boil. Keep stirring in between(avoid the burning of milk)
- Put the saffron strands and cardamom powder in the milk, simmer it for a while.
- When the milk is reduced to half quantity and turns thick, then add the dry fruits and stir it well. switch off the flame.
- Take the Rabdi in a container scratch the whole cream and put it in the container and let it warm.
- When the rabdi is normal temperature put the bowl in the refrigerator till it gets cold enough.
- While serving you can garnish it with more dry fruits on top of it.