Whenever something good happens in someone’s life or any cheerful news comes, the first thing people ask for something sweet. In India that something sweet is specifically signified as the Laddoo, they are loved by everyone and can be prepared on any occasion, there’s no time or event for it. There are many types of Laddoos like, Boondi Laddoo, coconut Laddoo, Rava Laddoo, etc
The all occasion star swet is Besan Laddoo. Besan Laddoo is made of Besan [gram flour], they are sphere-shaped sweet originating originating from the Indian subcontinent. The type of ingredients used may vary by recipe, people can put any dry fruit as per their preferences.
Besan Laddoo is mainly prepared for Indian festive seasons like Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, and many more. Indians will always keep a jar full of laddoos for almost a whole year so, that they can be ready to enjoy its sweetness and tasty flavor anytime they want.
Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is crucial for quick development and accumulation of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. Vibrant in complex carbohydrates and with a soft glycemic index, besan is decent for diabetics too.
The limit should be there, even if you have at your home, eat only if you are highly craving on it or some good news comes, or on occasions of course.
It is not a good idea to buy Laddoos from outside if you are a very specific type of person when it comes to taste. If you want to have laddoo of your preferences then try to make them at home only, this way you can add or eliminate things as per the choice of yours.
Besan Laddoo is not that difficult to make, all you need is patience and dedication. If you want to learn to make laddoo then try in a really simple way. Let’s know to make easy and tasty Besan Laddoo at home.
- 2 and a half cup besan/gram flour, coarse
- Half cup of ghee
- Sugar as per taste (blended)
- Cardamom powder of 4 pods
- 5 to 6 almonds finely chopped
- 4 to 5 cashews finely chopped
- In a Kadai heat ghee and add besan. Roast on low blaze until the besan is nicely blended with ghee. make sure to use coarse besan for granulated texture.
- Begin again to roast on low heat. If the mix remains dry, add more ghee to soften. After 25 minutes, the besan begins to discharge ghee, roast till the besan turns golden brownish and grainy.
- Shift the mix to a big container, wait till it cools slightly. Dry roast the cashews and almonds on low flame until the nuts become crunchy.
- Add the toasted dry fruits to the besan mixture. When the besan is slightly warm add in powdered sugar as per taste and cardamom powder, mix nicely making sure everything is well blended. Add sugar if it’s less.
- Make a lemon size laddoo, you can make more small or big. Your laddoo is ready, garnish it with dry fruits on top and enjoy.
Enjoy this all occasion star sweet and share your views, comments in the comment section.