Potato is something that is been put up with everything, but how often can you eat the same potato with some limited vegetables. Change is always a great idea for your health and for your taste, the other vegetable except for regular ones you can add cluster beans known as Ganvaar Phalee / Gavar falis in India.
Cluster bean, with the botanical title Cyamopsis tetragonoloba, is an annual legume and the basis of guar gum. It is said to have been cultivated from the African species Cyamopsis senegalensis. It was further domestic in South Asia, where it has been nurtured for centuries.
It will be a great healthy change for your tongue and tummy as it is good for:
- Maintaining weight
- Lowers the blood sugar level
- The calcium and protein it has is really good for bones
- Said to be effective for the digestion system
- Maintains blood sugar level
- Healthy for your heart, and many more
Cluster bean with potato is really easy to make and great in taste, let’s know to make your yummy dish.
Cluster Beans or Gavar Phalee RecipePrint Recipe
- 300 grams of cluster beans chopped
- 2 to 3 potatoes chopped
- 1 medium-size chopped tomato
- 2 to 3 green chili chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander powder half teaspoon
- One teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Oil for cooking
- In a Kadai, or pan heat oil on medium flame. Add mustard and cumin seeds, sizzle till they stop crackling, add curry leaves. Then add chopped onion and green chili saute them well, and when the onion is kind of soft add the chopped tomatoes. Stir fry.
- Then add the spices, coriander powder red chili powder, mix it well. After that add the chopped potatoes, cluster beans and salt to taste, mix and stir fry for a while add Little bit of water to simmer. Cover the Kadai and let it cook, keep checking and stirring in between to avoid burning.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, when the water is soaked and then switch off the gas. Add freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix it.
Enjoy the yummy dish.