Chicken curry or Chicken Gravy is one of the most popular non vegetarian food of India. This dish is at least prepared once a week in all the households who eat chicken or mutton. Either of the two it still tastes very delicious. The other variant is Korma which is prepared of chicken or mutton as well.
Chicken Curry originated from Indian Subcontinent. It a regular curry which consist of Indian Spices like Cardamom, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon with Onion, ginger, garlic, and tomato.
To thicken the curry Coconut milk is also added to the curry. Premade spices mixture is also available which can be added instead of the raw spices.
There are many chicken and mutton masala of various brand like Everst, Suhana, MDH, Aachi, Eastern and Tata to name a few.
The tender chicken tastes so when served with Chapatis or Roti’s, Jeera Rice, Butter Naan or even Tandoor Roti. Lets know how to make a delicious Chicken Curry.
How to prepare Coconut Milk:
- Cut small Pieces of Coconut
- Take a fry pan and for some oil to it
- Add the small pieces of coconut and fry it till brown
- Keep aside for cooling
- Grind the Coconut pieces in fine paste and keep it aside
Quick and Easy Recipe for Chicken CurryPrint Recipe
- 500 gm of cleaned chicken pieces
- 3 Medium size Onions - Sliced
- 2-3 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 2 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 Tomatoes - Sliced
- 1/2 Coconut
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
Steps for Easy Chicken Curry Preparation
- Take a Wide pan and oil to it. Add the sliced onions to it and fry till it becomes smooth golden brown
- Add the tomatoes to it and fry it till it mixes with the onions
- Add Ginger-Garlic Paste to it
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and Garam masala to it
- Add some water to it and salt. Keep it to cooking for some time
- Now add the Chicken pieces to it with some water and cook it for some more time till the chicken boils
- Add the coconut paste and mix well. If the gravy is very thick and add some more water. Cook for some more time and bring it to boil
- Once it is cooked garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with rice or chapatis