Chicken Korma is one of the very famous Gravy recipe in India. Be it any home ceremonies or Wedding or Parties, Korma is one of the dishes prepared By all.
It is prepared by base of Onions, Curd and Cashews. It is known as Mughlai Dish as it originated during the Mughal Era. As the period changed the ingredients also changed to suit the local flavor.
Korma is not only for Non vegetarians. It is very popular by the vegetarians as well. The famous dish among the vegetarians is Navratna Korma. Here the term Navratna means 9 jewels where nine type of vegetables are used in Korma
Korma can be served with Jeera Rice, Butter Naan, Bread Naan or even chapatti, Roti or Plain Rice.
Some even use coconut milk in place of curd for preparing korma. Its very easy to make but tastes very delicious.
Lets Prepare delicious Mughlai Chicken KormaPrint Recipe
- 1 Kg Cleaned Chicken
- 5 Big Size Onions Chopped
- 12-15 Cashewnuts
- 4-5 Cardamom (Ellaichi)
- 4-5 Cloves (laung)
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaf
- 250 gm Curd
- 1 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 1 Star Anise (Chakri Phool)
- 7-8 Whole Black Pepper (peppercorn)
- Red Chili Powder as per Taste
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Table Spoon Cooking Oil
- 1 Tea Spoon Everest Chicken Masala (Optional)
- Salt as per Taste
- Water as per requirement
- Clean and chop the onions in small pieces. Take a Pan and heat with 2 tablespoon oil. Add the chopped onions to the pan for frying.
- Add Cardamom, Cloves, Cinnamon stick, Peppercorns, Black cardamom, Star Anise to the onions and let it fry.
- Once the Onions turn to Light Brown, Add Cashews to the mixture.
- Once the onions are turned golden brown Turn Off the Flame and let it cool.
- In a blender or food processor, Add the fried ingredients to the Jar. Now add 250 gm of curd to the jar. Blend it to fine paste and keep aside
- Now Take Pot add some Oil to it. Add 2 Teaspoon of Ginger Garlic paste to it. Add Bay Leaf, Chili Powder, Turmeric Powder and fry for some time.
- Now Add the Blended Paste with some water and cook it for first boil.
- Now add the cleaned chicken and cook it till the chicken is tendered and soft.
- Add salt as per taste
- Adjust the thickness of the gravy with water
The delicious Mughlai Chicken Korma is Ready. Serve hot with Jeera Rice or Bread Nan.
- Tip1: Add less water as chicken leaves water while cooking.
- Add 1 Tea Spoon Everest Chicken Masala for taste. Try it